Thread: IKEA Signage

Post imported post

Not sure if this is old news or not. I thought i remembered one of our members being asked to leave Ikea by the management. They have a sign on the front of the store that looks fairly new. I took a picture (attached).

Should we put them on the DNP list? i think they're on watch status but the signage is pretty clear.

Note: this didnt stop me from carrying inside, but i was CC cause it was raining and i happened to have a coat on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Well, if that's the one in Tukwila/Renton, then that certainly is a new sign, as it wasn't there when we had our OC Lunch there in the little cafe area. Nor were we hassled when we ate there.

Later on Lonnie had a talk with officers of the Renton PD that said management had multiple complaints of his OC.

Lonnie had stated in that thread that he was contacting corporate, yet there was no report as to what occured with that correspondance. Perhaps his communications prompted them to put up a sign that they assumed had already been put up due to company policy?
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

it is the one in tukwila/renton...off of 180th

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What are heelies?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    What are heelies?
    Those sneakers with the skate rollers embedded in the heel that you lean back on and roll.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

rysa wrote:
    it is the one in tukwila/renton...off of 180th
    That being the case, since there's obvious signage, I'm going to go edit them onto the DNP from the Watch list PDQ....

Hopefully Lonnie has some updated info from his correspondance with corporate.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    What are heelies?
    Those sneakers with the skate rollers embedded in the heel that you lean back on and roll.
    Thanks!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Done, they have officially been black-listed to the DNP list.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

its too bad it had to come to this, my wife loves that place. I wont go, but i cant guarantee none of my dollars will go there.

State Researcher

Post imported post

With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?
    Never had any problems at the IKEA in Salt Lake, UT

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate

Post imported post

This is unfortunate. I used to work there with LP and I never heard anything of the sort. But of course that was a couple years ago and things do change.

Post imported post

I was there last week with the Sig on my belt. I walked right past a Renton PD too. I never saw a sign, but then I went in through the exit because I wasn’t interested in going through that maze of a showroom.

Post imported post

because thier sign is irrelevant according to the law; in which case it holds no sway over me.

sv_libertarian wrote:

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

The sign may have no legal bering, but I refuse to give my money to them. If my sidearm is not welcome neither is my money.

Post imported post

rysa wrote:
    because thier sign is irrelevant according to the law; in which case it holds no sway over me.
    Why irrelevant according to the law? They have posted the rules for their property. If you violate them they can call the police and have you arrested. I believe it is considered trespassing.

Post imported post

Nah, we've been over this before in the forum. You cant be trespassed unless you've been asked to leave by the management of a building and you remain on the property afterwards.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate

Post imported post

Your so purty

State Researcher

Post imported post

Personally if I see a sign posted, I'm not going to go in there. Seems pretty rude if nothing else. While signs may not hold legal weight, it does convey a message and an intent, and to me that tells me the property owner does not want me there with my weapon. Given that, I will respect those wishes and go somewhere else that does not have a qualm with me.

To do so otherwise is just asking for trouble, and we have enough problems OCing in public sometimes, without ******* off unknowing stores. If shopping at Ikea were important enough, I would write a letter to corporate and find out what their policies are.

No sense in making enemies just to show you know the law better than they do.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

You can always tell a swede, but you can't tell them much. :P

Post imported post

If that were the case then everyone could just post signs and you'd never be able to carry a gun in anywhere.

Im not saying i agree with thier policy, obviously i don't. When i went there i was under the impression they were on the watch list and i was actually planning on OC'ing once we got into the store. I happened to glance around in case they had posted a sign and, lo and behold, they had. So i took a picture and posted it here.

Now, the Pro 2A side of me agrees with you. People who arent going to support my right to defend myself dont get any of my money, plain and simple. The part of me that likes sleeping in my bed instead of on the couch says that it would be unwise for me to spin my wife and 3 kids around because of thier sign on the door.

Will I go back? probably not, because of reasons stated above. But i sure as hell wasnt going to march my wife out of there, also for reasons stated above.

Hopefully i've cleared that up a little

Post imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

You can always tell a swede, but you can't tell them much. :P
    :what:............................................ .................................................. ..............:celebrate

TJ

Post imported post

rysa wrote:
    If that were the case then everyone could just post signs and you'd never be able to carry a gun in anywhere.
    Why can't they? If there were a line of religous proselytizers and encyclopedia salesmen lined up on the sidewalk outside my house and I had clearly posted a "No salesmen" sign at the end of the walk but I still had to individually answer the door to each one of them to tell them about the sign I'd be pissed. That is the whole point of a sign isn't it? So that they have the rules that you are expected to follow posted and they don't have to walk around telling each individual person what the rules are?