• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IKEA Signage

rysa

imported post

Not sure if this is old news or not. I thought i remembered one of our members being asked to leave Ikea by the management. They have a sign on the front of the store that looks fairly new. I took a picture (attached).

Should we put them on the DNP list? i think they're on watch status but the signage is pretty clear.

Note: this didnt stop me from carrying inside, but i was CC cause it was raining and i happened to have a coat on.

Attachments

• 10-05-08_1633.jpg
    10-05-08_1633.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 531

just_a_car

imported post

Well, if that's the one in Tukwila/Renton, then that certainly is a new sign, as it wasn't there when we had our OC Lunch there in the little cafe area. Nor were we hassled when we ate there.

Later on Lonnie had a talk with officers of the Renton PD that said management had multiple complaints of his OC.

Lonnie had stated in that thread that he was contacting corporate, yet there was no report as to what occured with that correspondance. Perhaps his communications prompted them to put up a sign that they assumed had already been put up due to company policy?

just_a_car

imported post

rysa wrote:
it is the one in tukwila/renton...off of 180th
That being the case, since there's obvious signage, I'm going to go edit them onto the DNP from the Watch list PDQ....

Hopefully Lonnie has some updated info from his correspondance with corporate.

rysa

imported post

its too bad it had to come to this, my wife loves that place. I wont go, but i cant guarantee none of my dollars will go there. :cuss:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?

Never had any problems at the IKEA in Salt Lake, UT

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate

Derka

imported post

This is unfortunate. I used to work there with LP and I never heard anything of the sort. But of course that was a couple years ago and things do change.

Mainsail

imported post

I was there last week with the Sig on my belt. I walked right past a Renton PD too. I never saw a sign, but then I went in through the exit because I wasn’t interested in going through that maze of a showroom.

rysa

imported post

because thier sign is irrelevant according to the law; in which case it holds no sway over me.

sv_libertarian wrote:

heresolong

imported post

rysa wrote:
because thier sign is irrelevant according to the law; in which case it holds no sway over me.
Why irrelevant according to the law? They have posted the rules for their property. If you violate them they can call the police and have you arrested. I believe it is considered trespassing.

rysa

imported post

Nah, we've been over this before in the forum. You cant be trespassed unless you've been asked to leave by the management of a building and you remain on the property afterwards.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

Never had any problems at the IKEA in Salt Lake, UT

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate
CellPhPictures040.jpg

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Personally if I see a sign posted, I'm not going to go in there. Seems pretty rude if nothing else. While signs may not hold legal weight, it does convey a message and an intent, and to me that tells me the property owner does not want me there with my weapon. Given that, I will respect those wishes and go somewhere else that does not have a qualm with me.

To do so otherwise is just asking for trouble, and we have enough problems OCing in public sometimes, without pissing off unknowing stores. If shopping at Ikea were important enough, I would write a letter to corporate and find out what their policies are.

No sense in making enemies just to show you know the law better than they do.