• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IKEA Signage

DrewGunner

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?

Never had any problems at the IKEA in Salt Lake, UT

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate
CellPhPictures040.jpg
You can always tell a swede, but you can't tell them much. :p

rysa

imported post

If that were the case then everyone could just post signs and you'd never be able to carry a gun in anywhere.

Im not saying i agree with thier policy, obviously i don't. When i went there i was under the impression they were on the watch list and i was actually planning on OC'ing once we got into the store. I happened to glance around in case they had posted a sign and, lo and behold, they had. So i took a picture and posted it here.

Now, the Pro 2A side of me agrees with you. People who arent going to support my right to defend myself dont get any of my money, plain and simple. The part of me that likes sleeping in my bed instead of on the couch says that it would be unwise for me to spin my wife and 3 kids around because of thier sign on the door.

Will I go back? probably not, because of reasons stated above. But i sure as hell wasnt going to march my wife out of there, also for reasons stated above.

Hopefully i've cleared that up a little :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
With that sign, I wouldn't have even gone it. They made it very plain that armed persons are not welcome. Why break their terms for entering their property?

Never had any problems at the IKEA in Salt Lake, UT

They are all smile AND I am Swedish and just got my U.S Citizenship back in januari:celebrate
CellPhPictures040.jpg
You can always tell a swede, but you can't tell them much. :p

:what:............................................................................................................:lol::celebrate:lol:

TJ

heresolong

imported post

rysa wrote:
If that were the case then everyone could just post signs and you'd never be able to carry a gun in anywhere.
Why can't they? If there were a line of religous proselytizers and encyclopedia salesmen lined up on the sidewalk outside my house and I had clearly posted a "No salesmen" sign at the end of the walk but I still had to individually answer the door to each one of them to tell them about the sign I'd be pissed. That is the whole point of a sign isn't it? So that they have the rules that you are expected to follow posted and they don't have to walk around telling each individual person what the rules are?