Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth 20

Post imported post

Well, Commonwealth 20 (off of Hull Street) was very gun friendly, but in the last 3 weeks, they were bought out by Regal.

Now there are 2 signs (that you have to look for) that state:

So....It is now a No-Go :?

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Post imported post

A Regal theater I went to a few had the exact same poster.

I suspect that there is probably a handful of regal theaters that have big problems and so they did a blanket poster for all banning guns but now it covers ALL theaters where law abiding and good people go where nothing happens.

As was stated in another thread.... there is no exception for off duty police so I guess they do not want anyone there with guns. So it is a gun free zone and we all know that this equals.... easy target.

Some theaters do not ban guns... So let me say that my wife and I CC in all the theaters we visit...

Post imported post

We've GOT to have the "Gun free zone property owner's liabilty act"

It must be a priority in the next GA session.

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
    Well, Commonwealth 20 (off of Hull Street) was very gun friendly, but in the last 3 weeks, they were bought out by Regal. So....It is now a No-Go :?

You know, they do advertise having your meetings there. A meeting and a movie.

Wonder if OCdO could get enough folks to rent a whole theatre. Reserve it and show up with guns... ...and see how they respond. Nice to see all that revenue going out the window as all the gun owners walk away....

Edit: BTW - the local Regal is not posted (Aquia Harbor, Stafford VA)

Post imported post

I am confident that it would not be cheap to rent one of thetheaters!!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I'm anxious to check out the Regal Short Pump to see if its posted....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

and you'd probably have to put down a deposit that would be non-refundable.

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    and you'd probably have to put down a deposit that would be non-refundable.
    but if it does not have guns in the contract they are the ones breaking it.

Post imported post

If the Regal theater in Manassas is posted, I certainly have never seen it.

Post imported post

I just noticed the sign also says:
    Please respect the rights of others
    Uh huh.
    Right.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I'm anxious to check out the Regal Short Pump to see if its posted....
    Regal Short Pump is posted.

If the managemnet were to determine that I was carrying concealed (not likely), the only risk that I run is being charged with trespassing if I then refused to leave when asked to do so.

The risk is negligable so I am sure that you can conclude what I do. Would I prefer to OC - probably as I like to spread the word - but until that changes I will not provide some a-hole with an unarmed victim.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

As expensive as movies are getting, with as much business as movie theaters are losing, you'd think they'd be taking whatever they could get.

$10.50 a person to watch a movie, $10 for snacks - you are looking at $20-40 for two people.

That is a decent dinner out!

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    If the managemnet were to determine that I was carrying concealed (not likely), the only risk that I run is being charged with trespassing if I then refused to leave when asked to do so.
    FYI - According to Leo 229 the sign is enough notification to charge you with trespassing and they have no responsibility to ask you to leave first.

This is based on discussion in this thread:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/10177.html

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    When I worked there, it was about $400 to rent it for 3 hours....but do not quote me on that.

Post imported post

The only thing that bugs me was......I worked there for a year, we were VERY gun friendly, and I had to explain to co-workers that it was legal for them to carry.

NOW, we have this crap just because it was bought out by another theatre.

As I was taking the pictures, the old manager friend of mine came out and asked,

"Why are you taking pictures of my new sign?"
    And I replied with,

"Just documenting yet another sign that strips law abiding citizens from their basic human rights, leaving them defenseless."

He did not like that, he will soon get over it.

-NOTE- I was OC'ing at the time and got a nod from the officer outside, I chatted with him for a bit, turns out he dissagrees with the sign.

Post imported post

wow this was the only place i would go cause they did not say anyhting about no firearms....i mean i am a firm believer in "dont ask, dont show"...so signs mean nothing to me....i remember going there one night many months ago carrying a full size glock 17 in a serpa holster..i threw my shirt over it..jsut to avoid looks from people who are oblivious...i even got stared down by the chesterfield officer that was parked out front providing security....i know they noticed but besides a long look nothing said...i even looked over at them and smiled...i mean damn...thats why i stopped going to the mall movie theatre before it shut down and the one on alverser drive...is there anywhere in the tri city area that is not posted?..i mean when its said and done i will do what i want to feel safe...little signs be damned...i dont advicate breaking laws and ******* people off but my life before there rules....what was it..oh about 250 years ago that someamericancoloneysthought oh to hell with the rules???? its frustrating....well thank god for ppv and dvds....at least i can oc or cc at home in myboxers if i want to:celebrate....oh well i still continue my crusade against wachovia....girls there are used to me using my cc permit for a second form of id to cash checks...dont even ask anymore if i got the gun...and they cant understand why i wont open an account with them...oh well guess i will have to go onliving life as a "criminal"...

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    A Regal theater I went to a few had the exact same poster.

I suspect that there is probably a handful of regal theaters that have big problems and so they did a blanket poster for all banning guns but now it covers ALL theaters where law abiding and good people go where nothing happens.

As was stated in another thread.... there is no exception for off duty police so I guess they do not want anyone there with guns. So it is a gun free zone and we all know that this equals.... easy target.

Some theaters do not ban guns... So let me say that my wife and I CC in all the theaters we visit...
    Isn't that a violation of property rights ? Edit: Doggon, I should read (ie digest) the whole sentence before responding. NOW, I get it.

I'd be good to let regal know who the competition is that's getting your, and from now on our, movie going money. What theaters do you go to?

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Go to mojoboxoffice, or whatever the site is, it seems an average showing only takes in $1500 to $3K or so. Not cheap but not too bad if you get enough people.

Post imported post

ccunning wrote:
    If the Regal theater in Manassas is posted, I certainly have never seen it.
    You can rest assured it is posted. They have it posted on the breezeway to the left just before entering the 2nd set of doors.

I rarely patronize theaters, especially Regal. However, when I do, I am usually carrying concealed.

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    I rarely patronize theaters, especially Regal. However, when I do, I am usually carrying concealed.
    Yep, I can relate. Sounds like me.

Funny story...

A friend and I were shooting at the local range, and then went to an afternoon movie (at a Regal theater). He shoots a lot of supressed stuff, both rifle and pistol.

No one was around where we were sitting in the theater. As the opening announcement were playing, we were advised by a voice from the screen "Please silence your cell phones."

My friend takes out his cell phone and asupressor, and acts like he's threading the supressor onto his cell phone antenna.

Post imported post

My friend takes out his cell phone and asupressor, and acts like he's threading the supressor onto his cell phone antenna.

now that's funny, I don't care who ya are (Larry the Cable Guy)

Post imported post

signs like that just make honest people criminals! :shock: Hell i thought all is good in gods country! My inlaws live close to the xmas tree farm in Powhatan. Anywhere that still honors lee jackson day and another for king day should let you carry anywhere!!!:P

Post imported post

I don't go to the theater often for many reasons having nothing to do with firearms. I went recently to a theater I had heard is posted (in MO violating a no guns posting is not a criminal act such as trespassing - they can only ask you to leave and only if you refuse can there be any consequences). I scoped the box office. No signs. Waited in line and got tickets. Didn't see any signs there. Walked in the doors, no signs on the doors. Concession stand, ditto. Only "ban signs" I saw were on the door into the theater itself which were no pics and turn off cell phones.

We get seated and my buddy asks if I saw any no firearms signage and I said something like, "No, I didn't, and if you did, tell me about it and destroy my plausible deniability, I swear I'll punch you in the nose." :P
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

A friend of mine works at the theaters here in the Beach. Columbus Station....She said it is posted here also. I would bet that ALL Regal Cinemas are posted!

Post imported post

From the Regal "Investor Relations" web site:

Regal Entertainment Group Completes Acquisition of Consolidated TheatresKnoxville, Tennessee - April 30, 2008 -- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Consolidates Theatres. Regal acquired a total of 28 theatres representing 400 screens in exchange for approximately $210 million in cash. The acquisition of the Consolidated circuit will enhance Regal's presence in Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
    "We expect the acquisition of Consolidated's circuit will be accretive to cash flows and earnings and are pleased to announce another acquisition of high quality assets that continues to demonstrate our ability to execute Regal's business strategy," stated Mike Campbell, CEO of Regal Entertainment Group.
    That's a whole lot of movie screen where gun are banned, potentially.

KnightSG7 wrote:
    Well, Commonwealth 20 (off of Hull Street) was very gun friendly, but in the last 3 weeks, they were bought out by Regal.

Now there are 2 signs (that you have to look for) that state:

So....It is now a No-Go :?

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast