• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Commonwealth 20

KnightSG7

imported post

Well, Commonwealth 20 (off of Hull Street) was very gun friendly, but in the last 3 weeks, they were bought out by Regal.

Now there are 2 signs (that you have to look for) that state:

downsized_0508082127.jpg

downsized_0508082127a.jpg

So....It is now a No-Go :?

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

LEO 229

imported post

A Regal theater I went to a few had the exact same poster.

I suspect that there is probably a handful of regal theaters that have big problems and so they did a blanket poster for all banning guns but now it covers ALL theaters where law abiding and good people go where nothing happens.

As was stated in another thread.... there is no exception for off duty police so I guess they do not want anyone there with guns. So it is a gun free zone and we all know that this equals.... easy target.

Some theaters do not ban guns... So let me say that my wife and I CC in all the theaters we visit... :cool:

doug23838

imported post

We've GOT to have the "Gun free zone property owner's liabilty act"

It must be a priority in the next GA session.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Well, Commonwealth 20 (off of Hull Street) was very gun friendly, but in the last 3 weeks, they were bought out by Regal. So....It is now a No-Go :?

You know, they do advertise having your meetings there. A meeting and a movie.

Wonder if OCdO could get enough folks to rent a whole theatre. Reserve it and show up with guns... :monkey...and see how they respond. Nice to see all that revenue going out the window as all the gun owners walk away....

Edit: BTW - the local Regal is not posted (Aquia Harbor, Stafford VA)

LEO 229

imported post

I am confident that it would not be cheap to rent one of thetheaters!! :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I'm anxious to check out the Regal Short Pump to see if its posted....
Regal Short Pump is posted.

If the managemnet were to determine that I was carrying concealed (not likely), the only risk that I run is being charged with trespassing if I then refused to leave when asked to do so.

The risk is negligable so I am sure that you can conclude what I do. Would I prefer to OC - probably as I like to spread the word - but until that changes I will not provide some a-hole with an unarmed victim.

Yata hey

hsmith

imported post

As expensive as movies are getting, with as much business as movie theaters are losing, you'd think they'd be taking whatever they could get.

$10.50 a person to watch a movie, $10 for snacks - you are looking at $20-40 for two people.

That is a decent dinner out!

ccunning

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
If the managemnet were to determine that I was carrying concealed (not likely), the only risk that I run is being charged with trespassing if I then refused to leave when asked to do so.
FYI - According to Leo 229 the sign is enough notification to charge you with trespassing and they have no responsibility to ask you to leave first.

This is based on discussion in this thread:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/10177.html

KnightSG7

imported post

The only thing that bugs me was......I worked there for a year, we were VERY gun friendly, and I had to explain to co-workers that it was legal for them to carry.

NOW, we have this crap just because it was bought out by another theatre.

As I was taking the pictures, the old manager friend of mine came out and asked,

"Why are you taking pictures of my new sign?"
And I replied with,

"Just documenting yet another sign that strips law abiding citizens from their basic human rights, leaving them defenseless."

He did not like that, he will soon get over it.

-NOTE- I was OC'ing at the time and got a nod from the officer outside, I chatted with him for a bit, turns out he dissagrees with the sign.

ballester

imported post

wow this was the only place i would go cause they did not say anyhting about no firearms....i mean i am a firm believer in "dont ask, dont show"...so signs mean nothing to me....i remember going there one night many months ago carrying a full size glock 17 in a serpa holster..i threw my shirt over it..jsut to avoid looks from people who are oblivious...i even got stared down by the chesterfield officer that was parked out front providing security....i know they noticed but besides a long look nothing said...i even looked over at them and smiled...i mean damn...thats why i stopped going to the mall movie theatre before it shut down and the one on alverser drive...is there anywhere in the tri city area that is not posted?..i mean when its said and done i will do what i want to feel safe...little signs be damned...i dont advicate breaking laws and pissing people off but my life before there rules....what was it..oh about 250 years ago that someamericancoloneysthought oh to hell with the rules???? its frustrating....well thank god for ppv and dvds....at least i can oc or cc at home in myboxers if i want to:celebrate....oh well i still continue my crusade against wachovia....girls there are used to me using my cc permit for a second form of id to cash checks...dont even ask anymore if i got the gun...and they cant understand why i wont open an account with them...oh well guess i will have to go onliving life as a "criminal"...

Neplusultra

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
A Regal theater I went to a few had the exact same poster.

I suspect that there is probably a handful of regal theaters that have big problems and so they did a blanket poster for all banning guns but now it covers ALL theaters where law abiding and good people go where nothing happens.

As was stated in another thread.... there is no exception for off duty police so I guess they do not want anyone there with guns. So it is a gun free zone and we all know that this equals.... easy target.

Some theaters do not ban guns... So let me say that my wife and I CC in all the theaters we visit... :cool:
Isn't that a violation of property rights :) ? Edit: Doggon, I should read (ie digest) the whole sentence before responding. NOW, I get it.

I'd be good to let regal know who the competition is that's getting your, and from now on our, movie going money. What theaters do you go to?

Neplusultra

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I am confident that it would not be cheap to rent one of thetheaters!! :lol:
Go to mojoboxoffice, or whatever the site is, it seems an average showing only takes in $1500 to $3K or so. Not cheap but not too bad if you get enough people.

vrwmiller

imported post

ccunning wrote:
If the Regal theater in Manassas is posted, I certainly have never seen it.
You can rest assured it is posted. They have it posted on the breezeway to the left just before entering the 2nd set of doors.

I rarely patronize theaters, especially Regal. However, when I do, I am usually carrying concealed.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
I rarely patronize theaters, especially Regal. However, when I do, I am usually carrying concealed.
Yep, I can relate. Sounds like me.

Funny story...

A friend and I were shooting at the local range, and then went to an afternoon movie (at a Regal theater). He shoots a lot of supressed stuff, both rifle and pistol.

No one was around where we were sitting in the theater. As the opening announcement were playing, we were advised by a voice from the screen "Please silence your cell phones."

My friend takes out his cell phone and asupressor, and acts like he's threading the supressor onto his cell phone antenna.

:lol: