• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave at Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham

kparker

imported post

Does the Tacoma Mall have signs on the main entrances?
Yes, but they're in fairly small type, and posted up against the side wall. You have to really go out of your way to even notice them in the first place.

Nitrox314

imported post

I was raised in Bellingham. Thats notall Bellingham behavior, just mostly. The worst place to go OC would probably be down in Fairhaven where the hippies andtheir dreads would freak out.

Anyways,everytime I have ever been in the Bellis Fair, there is always at least one REAL police officer patrolling the corridors. Shoulda asked to talk to him. I don't know that BPD's stance with open carry though.

cut_cutta

imported post

Citizen wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
SNIP Why shouldn't I admit it?

Well, unless you were found not-guilty and therefore cannot be twice put in jeopardy, or the statute of limitations has passed, you just handed them a confession.

You would do well to get a sympathetic moderator to delete your posts and this one, mine.

Ooooo, I'm really scared.:uhoh: I would just admit the truth in court, that I'm just making it all up to be cool, remember?:cool: LOL, besides I highly doubt any internet confession would be admissable in court, anyone with access to my computer could have typed it, or someone from the site could have edited it. We all know it's impossible to have commited crimes and keep a clean record, anyway, so that proves my innocence right there... And most importantly, this was all a long time ago, they don't have enough evidence to convict, and THEY HAVE BIGGER FISH TO FRY, like people who are out distributing drugs TODAY.

Go ahead and call the DEA. We can have a nice chat at the bar, again... They'd be proud to see how much I've grown up. ;)

heresolong

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
I was raised in Bellingham. Thats notall Bellingham behavior, just mostly. The worst place to go OC would probably be down in Fairhaven where the hippies andtheir dreads would freak out.

Anyways,everytime I have ever been in the Bellis Fair, there is always at least one REAL police officer patrolling the corridors. Shoulda asked to talk to him. I don't know that BPD's stance with open carry though.
There was a Bellingham thread back when I first joined the board. Bellingham PD is aware of the law and, to the best of my knowledge, not inclined to hassle.

FWIW I OC on Railroad on a pretty regular basis when I go to Taco Del Mar for dinner on Fridays, plus here and there for errands. I've never even been noticed to the best of my knowledge.

uncoolperson

imported post

Hi Uncoolperson (he didn't actually type that),

Our policy does mirror State Law. RCW 9.41.270 states:

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.”

If you have a concealed weapons permit, you may carry a firearm, if it’s concealed.
Thanks

General Manager
Bellis Fair

One Bellis Fair Parkway
Bellingham, WA 98226

When I come up with something fun to write I'll response with a "what about OC?"

Bear 45/70

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
Hi Uncoolperson (he didn't actually type that),

Our policy does mirror State Law. RCW 9.41.270 states:

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.”

If you have a concealed weapons permit, you may carry a firearm, if it’s concealed.
Thanks

General Manager
Bellis Fair

One Bellis Fair Parkway
Bellingham, WA 98226
Send him the State vs Casad court decision, because he thinks just showinga gun openly qualifies as causing alarm.

uncoolperson

imported post

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Thanks for your reply ,[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]I'm going to error on the side that perhaps you are not as aware of the laws pertaining to firearms as some. I really have next to no idea of how to run a mall. Everyone has their own set of knowledge and skills (letter writing isn't one of mine), so please forgive me if what I write comes across as hostile.

[/font][font="Times New Roman, serif"]What about "open carry"? In the state of Washington it is a completely legal method of carrying a firearm, and in some ways it is considered more legal and more civil. I'll go ahead and not attach a bunch of pdf's to this email (I hate it myself when people do that), however please at minimum look at State vs Casad ( http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=9 ), and if you have the time there are a number of training bulletins from various police departments in Washington available at http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1 that further clarify this.

[/font]S[font="Times New Roman, serif"]o, mirroring state law would not restricted customers to concealed carry. Neither would it require a customer to leave because his concealed handgun had [font="Times New Roman, serif"]accidentally [/font]become exposed (as is my understanding).[/font][font="Times New Roman, serif"]

[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Thanks much,[/font] [font="Times New Roman, serif"]
[/font]

Good enough?

Bear 45/70

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
I'm going to error on the side that perhaps you are not as aware of the laws pertaining to firearms as some. I really have next to no idea of how to run a mall. Everyone has their own set of knowledge, so please forgive me if I come across as hostile.

What about "open carry"? In the state of Washington it is a completely legal method of carrying a firearm, and to some it is considered more legal and more civil. I'll go ahead and not attach a bunch of pdf's to this email (I hate it myself when people do that), however please look to State vs Casad.

Thanks much,

Good enough?
You should include the link too.

joeroket

imported post

I would also include a couple of links to training bulletins that are very clear about stating Washington is an open carry state for firearms. He says he mirrors state law so shove the info that shows it does not have to be concealed to be compliant with state law down his throat.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

So, your policy to mirror state law should not restrict customers to concealed carry. Neither would it require a customer to leave because his concealed handgun had accidentally become exposed (as is my understanding). I would suggest a 'no illegally carried firearms' policy which allows the lawful open carry of firearms, as well as concealed (with a license).

Suggestion.

uncoolperson

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
So, your policy to mirror state law should not restrict customers to concealed carry. Neither would it require a customer to leave because his concealed handgun had accidentally become exposed (as is my understanding). I would suggest a 'no illegally carried firearms' policy which allows the lawful open carry of firearms, as well as concealed (with a license).

Suggestion.

took the first part, left out the second... In my first response a suggestion might not be a good idea.

and with that away my letter goes.

surfj9009

imported post

if a security guard asked me "what is that on your hip?", I would hope I would be quickly dismissive by saying "my constitutionally protected right the keep and bear arms"

I havent been asked in that manner before though. ......

uncoolperson

imported post

yesterday after waiting awhile for a response i sent off

"So, am I to interpret your lack of response as Bellis Fair does not welcome those customers who wish to openly carry?"

and today i recieved

"
Please contact me at the number below to discuss this topic."