Thread: IWB holster for open carry?

Post imported post

are IWB holsters suitable for open carry? or do police consider them to be concealed? thats the only holster i have, and i want to open carry while i wait for my permit...is this a bad idea or not?

Post imported post

This was kicked around a few days back.

It is a tough call and a shirt that is a little large could get you in trouble.

ยง 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.

A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation,.....

If the gun is not easily seen it could get you a date before the man. :P

I use them at times andthey are not very comfortable. Iprefer to use apaddle-back holster and a light coat. Of a fanny pack and pretend it is still in style and hip to wear.

Post imported post

Not necessarily true in all states I must point out. Some states have "intent" clearly outlined in their CC laws, so if you clearly aren't intending to conceal, you won't go before the man.

Post imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
    Not necessarily true in all states I must point out. Some states have "intent" clearly outlined in their CC laws, so if you clearly aren't intending to conceal, you won't go before the man.
    NOT TRUE!!! i know from experience. I guess in michigan IWB for open carry = THE MAN!!!

Post imported post

I use an IWB holster for open carry, of course then again Tn law simply says that you must have a permit to carry, and doesn't specify a mode of carry.

Post imported post

THway............ Would you share your experience with us? Being from MI also I would like to hear it.

Post imported post

ill let u know after court