• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

internets jargon

rmodel65

imported post

so everyone take me to school on the gun forums lingo like iwb (i assume its inside waist band?)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

IWB = inside waistband
OWB- Outside Waist band
SOB- Small of back,or son of a' .....

CCW - Concealed Carry Weapon (license)
CWP- Concealed Weapons Permit
LTC - Licence To Carry

OC- Open Carry.
CC- Concealed Carry.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

some that I didn't know until I joined up were

YMMV - your mileage may vary

IANAL - I am not a lawyer

AFAIK - As far as I know

TBH, this is a very ARE ATM, but we all do a little CEFTTT, CMIIW. AWHFY? Lol, J/k, C&G. GIYF.

(IDK, my BFF Jill?)

To be honest - Acronym rich environment - At the moment - Creative editing- from time to time - correct me if I'm wrong - Are we having fun yet? -Just kidding -Chuckle & grin - Google is your friend

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
press checks someone want to fill me in on that one?

Well, you would hold the grip so your finger is OFF the trigger. Point the weapon in a safe direction, and press with your index finger on the tip of the slide just above the barrel. The intention to the press the weapon towards a battery state so you can ensure that it is in fact loaded.

A more safe option is to hold the weapon as explained above, but squeeze the rear grip of the slide and pull back.

Most glocks DONT have a indicator such as a red dot. The extractor claw will kick out to the right a small amout and the trigger will be forward, but that only indicates that the weapon is charged, not loaded.