Thread: Upgraded my toy

Post imported post

Told the boss I wanted to have some work done on my Redhawk .44 for my birthday so she said OK. Well I brought it home on Monday and she changed her mind as she was only expecting a new grip or something. I got me the scope and had it mounted. I'm ready for bear season now.

AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Very nice.

...puts a different perspective on open carry.

Post imported post

Noticed the safe in the background.. Good man!!

Post imported post

Are you wearing it to the next OC dinner?

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

Let's see, real wood dresser/chest of drawers verses real gun safe...... Yes, you made the right choice.. :^). I will soon be making that upgrade....

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

You mean it's not a good idea to store your firearms in a tupper ware box?

Post imported post

Bullbuster,

I noticed you are wearing aVirginia Aquarium Volunteer shirt. Are you the volunteer? and if so what do they think of Open carry? I have always CC there when I go...

Btw that picture would purely enrage the MMM idiots. I think its great.:celebrate

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Good to see another revolver lover here.

Nice gun!

Where do you hunt bear? I guess the Dismal swamp is pretty close.

Post imported post

Freeflight wrote:
    Bullbuster,

I noticed you are wearing aVirginia Aquarium Volunteer shirt. Are you the volunteer? and if so what do they think of Open carry? I have always CC there when I go...
    Btw that picture would purely enrage the MMM idiots. I think its great.:celebrate
    He likes to practice shooting fish ina barrel.

Post imported post

I got that safe shortly after I married and had my daughter. I grew up in a house that guns just hung on the rack. Can't go wrong with the safe. Plus living on military bases I have lots of kids that come and go. If it didn't weight 375# empty I'd have put it upstairs. But it makes a statement when folks come over.

Yes I am a Volunteer at the Aquarium. I'm a member of the Dive Team. I OC but not inside. Being that I'm diving and have no place to lock it up other than in my truck. Construction workers everyplace it would surely walk away.

I am in work on having a custom leather holster made for it. My buddy does it for a living at levergunleather.com . Of the 2 wheelguns I have this and the wife carries the other. But I OC and CC with my semi .40.

I figured having my 23 month old son in a pic would make some folks blood boil. He could care less he love's playing with the duck and in this case goose call.

TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    I figured having my 23 month old son in a pic would make some folks blood boil. He could care less he love's playing with the duck and in this case goose call.

It's never too early. I finished building my first grandson a .32 New England Halfstock about a month ago. He will be born in June (Next month)

My granddaughter has a pink .22 already. She can have it as soon as she starts walking. ( a few more weeks)

Post imported post

I have 3 kids Daughter 8, Son 4, and another son shown above that will be 2 next month.

2 oldest started shooting the BB gun at 3 and daughter a .22 at 5. Will wait till 5 for the boy as well. He's way to trigger happy for me right now. But I had both out hunting with me for bow and muzzle loader this last season. Daughter was by my side for dove and quail since age 4. Both have been to the trap and skeet range with me many a time.

They don't have a fear of guns and know the difference between a real and fake one already. They know what can happen if you handle one wrong and how your mistakes can't be taken back. I'm like the rest of ya'll. If your gonna teach'm teach'm young.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have a Redhawk with a 5 1/2" barrel I bought in '84. I put the Ruger hunting sights on it. They are much better than the standard patridge sights. No scope, though.. nice setup.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Very cool, Bullbuster, all the way around!

And a big +1 on the scuba!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I assume by your name your a diver as well?

I started about 10 years ago when I was stationed in Guam. Got my Dive master and started working for a local shop their. Now I just feed the fish and clean the tanks mostly but at least I'm getting wet. Headed down to South Carolina next weekend for 6 dives on the Cooper River with a group from the Aquarium.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I assume by your name your a diver as well?

I started about 10 years ago when I was stationed in Guam. Got my Dive master and started working for a local shop their. Now I just feed the fish and clean the tanks mostly but at least I'm getting wet. Headed down to South Carolina next weekend for 6 dives on the Cooper River with a group from the Aquarium.
    Yeah, I got certified in '95. I haven't been diving a lot in the last few years - just enough to stay current really. My parents are both avid divers but alas, I do not have the time at this point in my life to travel with them. I only get in 4-5 dives a year at local divesites, mostly dive site converted quarries, for the last several years.

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend! Plan the dive, dive the plan, stay safe and have fun!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    SNIP I got me the scope and had it mounted.
    I was going to present something humorous, but then I realized it wouldn't work in a text medium. It was a sight gag.

Nice upgrade!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I can onlu assume it was of a freakish nature with the snip you posted. But I do love that gun long time.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    I can onlu assume it was of a freakish nature with the snip you posted. But I do love that gun long time.
    Sights, open, iron, etc.

A scope isn't sights.

Sight gag.

Get it?

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I kill myself sometimes.
    :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:
    Sights, open, iron, etc.

A scope isn't sights.

Sight gag.

Get it?

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I kill myself sometimes.
    :P
    :?I must be that tired already and I still have 3 hours left on my 15 hour work day.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?