• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upgraded my toy

Bullbuster

imported post

Told the boss I wanted to have some work done on my Redhawk .44 for my birthday so she said OK. Well I brought it home on Monday and she changed her mind as she was only expecting a new grip or something. I got me the scope and had it mounted. I'm ready for bear season now.

DSC02731.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bullbuster,

I noticed you are wearing aVirginia Aquarium Volunteer shirt. Are you the volunteer? and if so what do they think of Open carry? I have always CC there when I go...

Btw that picture would purely enrage the MMM idiots. I think its great.:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Good to see another revolver lover here.

Nice gun!

Where do you hunt bear? I guess the Dismal swamp is pretty close.

LEO 229

imported post

Freeflight wrote:
Bullbuster,

I noticed you are wearing aVirginia Aquarium Volunteer shirt. Are you the volunteer? and if so what do they think of Open carry? I have always CC there when I go...
Btw that picture would purely enrage the MMM idiots. I think its great.:celebrate
He likes to practice shooting fish ina barrel.

Bullbuster

imported post

I got that safe shortly after I married and had my daughter. I grew up in a house that guns just hung on the rack. Can't go wrong with the safe. Plus living on military bases I have lots of kids that come and go. If it didn't weight 375# empty I'd have put it upstairs. But it makes a statement when folks come over.

Yes I am a Volunteer at the Aquarium. I'm a member of the Dive Team. I OC but not inside. Being that I'm diving and have no place to lock it up other than in my truck. Construction workers everyplace it would surely walk away.

I am in work on having a custom leather holster made for it. My buddy does it for a living at levergunleather.com . Of the 2 wheelguns I have this and the wife carries the other. But I OC and CC with my semi .40.

I figured having my 23 month old son in a pic would make some folks blood boil. He could care less he love's playing with the duck and in this case goose call.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
I figured having my 23 month old son in a pic would make some folks blood boil. He could care less he love's playing with the duck and in this case goose call.
It's never too early. I finished building my first grandson a .32 New England Halfstock about a month ago. He will be born in June (Next month):D

My granddaughter has a pink .22 already. She can have it as soon as she starts walking. ( a few more weeks)

Bullbuster

imported post

I have 3 kids Daughter 8, Son 4, and another son shown above that will be 2 next month.

2 oldest started shooting the BB gun at 3 and daughter a .22 at 5. Will wait till 5 for the boy as well. He's way to trigger happy for me right now. But I had both out hunting with me for bow and muzzle loader this last season. Daughter was by my side for dove and quail since age 4. Both have been to the trap and skeet range with me many a time.

They don't have a fear of guns and know the difference between a real and fake one already. They know what can happen if you handle one wrong and how your mistakes can't be taken back. I'm like the rest of ya'll. If your gonna teach'm teach'm young.

Bullbuster

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
And a big +1 on the scuba!:)

I assume by your name your a diver as well?

I started about 10 years ago when I was stationed in Guam. Got my Dive master and started working for a local shop their. Now I just feed the fish and clean the tanks mostly but at least I'm getting wet. Headed down to South Carolina next weekend for 6 dives on the Cooper River with a group from the Aquarium.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
And a big +1 on the scuba!:)

I assume by your name your a diver as well?

I started about 10 years ago when I was stationed in Guam. Got my Dive master and started working for a local shop their. Now I just feed the fish and clean the tanks mostly but at least I'm getting wet. Headed down to South Carolina next weekend for 6 dives on the Cooper River with a group from the Aquarium.
Yeah, I got certified in '95. I haven't been diving a lot in the last few years - just enough to stay current really. My parents are both avid divers but alas, I do not have the time at this point in my life to travel with them. I only get in 4-5 dives a year at local divesites, mostly dive site converted quarries, for the last several years.

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend! Plan the dive, dive the plan, stay safe and have fun!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
SNIP I got me the scope and had it mounted.

I was going to present something humorous, but then I realized it wouldn't work in a text medium. It was a sight gag. :)

Nice upgrade!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
I can onlu assume it was of a freakish nature with the snip you posted. But I do love that gun long time:lol:.

Sights, open, iron, etc.

A scope isn't sights.

Sight gag.

Get it?

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I kill myself sometimes.
:):p

Bullbuster

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
I can onlu assume it was of a freakish nature with the snip you posted. But I do love that gun long time:lol:.

Sights, open, iron, etc.

A scope isn't sights.

Sight gag.

Get it?

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I kill myself sometimes.
:):p
:?I must be that tired already and I still have 3 hours left on my 15 hour work day.