• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Say Thank You

Weak 9mm

imported post

That's a lot of spam-like material you linked there. Asking for all this information and stuff, giving some crazy phone number. I mean, maybe it's real, but I don't think anyone here is going to risk it, lol. Plus, nobody wants to click on those crazy links from new members, especially when all they probably do is just give somebody more hits on their website.

What is the real agenda behind all of this stuff? If it is real, the tactics need to change because they're almost identical to spaming. Why else would someone join the forum just to post that shyte?

Weak 9mm

imported post

I'm using the pen 15 blocker right now y0.

I might switch to the pen 16 tomorrow. :?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think this post was spam. I don't think Sheldon's post belongs with the others Imperialism posted. Firstly, Sheldon is not a new member - he's been here nearly a year and has nearly 125 posts. Secondly, this is, IMO, an apolitical message. They are merely encouraging people to thank those in the military who have and are serving their country in a way they believe is right. We often say thank you to our veterens and active duty members on this forum for their service to their country. You don't have to agree with any current conflict to give a heartfelt thank you to the members of our military. In the video they state that this isn't about politics and nothing is mentioned in the video or the website that I saw beyond encouraging people to thank our military members for their service.

From the website - places the gratitude campaign has been highlighted:

The Seattle Seahawks, in stadium at Qwest Field and on http://www.spiritof12.com
The Pittsburgh Steelers, in-stadium at Heinz Field
The Seattle Storm, in-arena at The Key Arena
The Seattle Supersonics, in-arena at The Key Arena
The Portland Trail Blazers, in-arena at the Rose Quarter
YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/gratitudecampaign
KOMO 4 News, http://www.komotv.com/home
KING 5 News, http://www.king5.com
AM 570 KVI, the Kirby & Co. show

Sheldon

imported post

Thank You Deepdiver for your explanation,there must be differences in our browsers N anti spy/spam settings because every time I click the link all I see is a thank you video for our military service people, no political junk, or extra links for undesirable stuff, on my browser the page actually looks kind of bland.

I have posted this same link on several other forums and no one else has reported any issues, but if you are getting unwanted junk on this site I apologize for it is fully unintentional.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I don't think Sheldon's post belongs with the others Imperialism posted. Firstly, Sheldon is not a new member - he's been here nearly a year and has nearly 125 posts.
Yeah, personally I was talking about all of the links the individual that posted directly before me had provided to other threads on here.

imperialism2024

imported post

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]I apologize to Sheldon for lumping in this thread with other ones, but still...

1) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry, freedom, liberty, firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate in some way to one of these topics.

??
[/font]

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wouldn't say political at all. A nice gesture and everything to do with being grateful towards those who defend our freedoms. Politics aside their intent, like mine, was and is honorable.

For starters my cheating, lying, family destroying, filthy waste of a human being ex-wife can say "Thank You" by giving back the other half of my retirement. Thank YouPatricia Schroeder (D-Colo) for the USFSPA. You have defiled our nation. If ever given the opportinuty, I will only save half your life.

All Active and Retired Members shouldpetition their reps to repeal the USFSPSA. http://www.petitiononline.com/USFSPA/petition-sign.html

But I'm not bitter....

Weak 9mm

imported post

That is terrible to hear.

I really like how the disabled veterans have to give their ex's part of their disability pay, even if the spouse re-marries. :banghead:

How in the world is that fair?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
That is terrible to hear.

I really like how the disabled veterans have to give their ex's part of their disability pay, even if the spouse re-marries. :banghead:

How in the world is that fair?
Actually we don't. My disability is tax free and protected by law and exempt from anything. After I get that part, she gets 50% of what's left. Funny thing is that her amount comes to $666! If that don't tell all!

And yes, it's for the rest of her life, whether she remarries or not. It's DOD sponsored welfare and nothing more. Serve loyally for 20 years only to be betrayed by both your wife AND government. Real nice.

Sorry to go OT, back to the topic....

Weak 9mm

imported post

Hmm, on that website you posted quite a few disabled folks mentioned their disability pay being split as well. Check it out again:

http://www.ulsg.org/LitComments.htm

I could have misunderstood it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one example I saw:

From a Retired Army Major in Fort Smith, Arkansas I was awarded custody of my 4 minor kids and my ex-spouse was ordered to pay me $765 monthly child support. She never did pay it but she left my Army retirement alone. Two years later she remarried and went after my army retirement. By now I was 100 percent disabled service connected and the VA had me waiver my Army retirement pay. The judge awarded her half of the retirement and a back judgment for over $16,000 plus she did not have to pay child support until the judgment was paid. This resulted in her getting out of child support payments and getting a share of my VA disability compensation. My mental health worsened and I lost custody of the kids, my job and the will to live. Eventfully all four of my kids left their mother and came back to me. VA medication & counseling helped me and I remarried and I raised my four children without financial help or emotional help from my ex wife, who avoided paying child support due to the USFSPA.
Also, sorry for being semi-off topic. This bothers me though, and needs to be fixed, regardless of whether it's just retirement or disability or both.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Hmm, on that website you posted quite a few disabled folks mentioned their disability pay being split as well. Check it out again:

http://www.ulsg.org/LitComments.htm

I could have misunderstood it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one example I saw:

From a Retired Army Major in Fort Smith, Arkansas I was awarded custody of my 4 minor kids and my ex-spouse was ordered to pay me $765 monthly child support. She never did pay it but she left my Army retirement alone. Two years later she remarried and went after my army retirement. By now I was 100 percent disabled service connected and the VA had me waiver my Army retirement pay. The judge awarded her half of the retirement and a back judgment for over $16,000 plus she did not have to pay child support until the judgment was paid. This resulted in her getting out of child support payments and getting a share of my VA disability compensation. My mental health worsened and I lost custody of the kids, my job and the will to live. Eventfully all four of my kids left their mother and came back to me. VA medication & counseling helped me and I remarried and I raised my four children without financial help or emotional help from my ex wife, who avoided paying child support due to the USFSPA.
Also, sorry for being semi-off topic. This bothers me though, and needs to be fixed, regardless of whether it's just retirement or disability or both.
It bothers me every single month. If they were fooled into signing it away, like I almost was, yes. PM coming.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Expect more spam as we approach the election. Many republican party types will assume this site is full of good little conservatives.
Better than being full of a bunch of left-leaning liberals.

Many times I have thanked a military person for his service to our nation. And you know something? They really do appreciate this. You can see it in their faces. Then again, I am one of those who gets emotional whenever the flag is raised, or when the anthem is played, or when watching a movie like "Saving Private Ryan", or when reading a book like "Flags of Our Fathers", or when just taking a drive and enjoying the beauty that is America. I make no apologies or excuses for this, nor do I expect the need to do any such thing. I am so thankful I was born here and not in any other country, anywhere else on earth. I know we are the best there has ever been and most likely the best that will ever be. God did indeed shine his like on Thee.

Sheldon

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Many times I have thanked a military person for his service to our nation. And you know something? They really do appreciate this. You can see it in their faces. Then again, I am one of those who gets emotional whenever the flag is raised, or when the anthem is played, or when watching a movie like "Saving Private Ryan", or when reading a book like "Flags of Our Fathers", or when just taking a drive and enjoying the beauty that is America. I make no apologies or excuses for this, nor do I expect the need to do any such thing. I am so thankful I was born here and not in any other country, anywhere else on earth. I know we are the best there has ever been and most likely the best that will ever be. God did indeed shine his like on Thee.
I struck up a conversation with a Sargent that had just returned from Iraq while in a Wendy's the other day, and you are 100% they really do appreciate it.