• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire at Va. Beach shooting range! 7 people injured

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've never even been to an indoor range. All the ranges around here are outdoor and as a kid we always shot at the farm. No flash fires or explosions to date at our ranges though so I'm liking that part.

vbnative73

imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/05/fire-shooting-range-latest-long-history-problems

Here is the link to the Pilot's latest article. Get out there and comment! The "Guns Are Bad:cuss:" people are all over this story. Let's let their posts be in the vast minority. I post there as Josh_K_in_VB. By the way, since this is an accident, not a crime, the Pilot can't hide behind their sometimes-enforced "policy" of not allowing comments on crime-related articles.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

"How can you put a price on my young niece's injuries that happened there"?
I'm sure there's a lawyer that will give them a figure.

I have a membership there and the workers would watch you like hawks a lot. One time they let a guy shoot a MP5 on full auto, them another time I double tapped while shooting and the real fat guy with the dark hair jumped all over me. That same day he picked up a box of my ammo because I left on a chair behind the lane I was shooting in. Seems like they worry about the wrong stuff.

vbnative73

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
OMG what is up with skoop? I am ref to the comments on the article on pilotonline!
Exactly! You see my reply? If it wasn't for the word limit, I'd have liked to have said a lot more. Hopefully there will be many more pro 2A responses.

FretlessMayhem

imported post

Wasn't it last year that A&P got popped by OSHA for failing to have first aid, a working sink, and lead levels that were too high?

Didn't another employee get popped for embezzlement?

Their staff is rude and holier than thou. They once called a cease-fire in the range on me to tell me they didn't like my t-shirt.

They also then reprimanded me for pausing my shooting to purchase a Glock 26. I understand other people were waiting, but I bought their membership for over $100 and was simply filling out paperwork.

Since then, I've purchased my EMP, and Heckel and Koch P2000-SK (and a couple others) pistols from The Armory. The staff is actually courteous to me, and takes time and due diligence to answer my many questions about each pistol.

saunderscc

imported post

Not sure about that skoops88 in the Pilot comments section covering the story, but I just responded to his ad hominem attack and anti-gun rant. Looks like it is still awaiting staff approval as of now.

vbnative73

imported post

Karate class?:what: Are you kidding me?:banghead:I copied/pasted my response to skoop88 below. Any feedback welcomed.

Well then, I guess I shouldn't teach him to swim because he might drown. And perhaps I shouldn't teach him to drive because he might crash. Yeah, that makes sense! By the way, I bring up swimming and driving because they each kill more kids every year than guns do. As a responsible gun owner and parent, I teach my son that using a gun for self-defense is a last resort and that using it to resolve a dispute is NEVER an option. By the way, as if it were your business, my 13-year-old son is an honor roll student, participates in sports and is 5'10"/160lb and wasn't raised by a TV. I strongly suggest that you, like all the other "Guns are bad!" people out there learn about the facts of responsible gun ownership. From my experience, legal gun owners are far more educated in firearms responsibility, firearms laws and firearms statistics. If you would like to become more educated in these areas, please start by visiting the following web sites and further links from these sites: http://www.vcdl.org, http://www.opencarry.org, http://www.carryconcealed.net.