Post imported post

Post imported post

I preffer "f*** it. Throw it. Don't f*** around!"

Post imported post

HAHAHAHA!

"I'm not even gonna argue."

:P

Post imported post

he's not worried about the brass ...the cause of the type 2? That's my priority when clearing those kinds of malfunctions. Get the stoppage out of the way!

As far as the type 3 - lock the slide, rip the mag out, rack the slide a few times, grab another magazine and get back in there. Taking the malfunctioning magazine out andtrying to maintain control of it & the gun when you're trying to clear a malfunction while somebody's shooting at you seems like a waste, considering the loss of fine motor skills when in a gunfight. Then again, I have a Glock, so in the event of a double feed, all I have to do is hold the mag release, pull the mag down far enough for the slide to go back into battery & then drive that mag back home

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    he's not worried about the brass ...the cause of the type 2? That's my priority when clearing those kinds of malfunctions. Get the stoppage out of the way!

As far as the type 3 - lock the slide, rip the mag out, rack the slide a few times, grab another magazine and get back in there. Taking the malfunctioning magazine out andtrying to maintain control of it & the gun when you're trying to clear a malfunction while somebody's shooting at you seems like a waste, considering the loss of fine motor skills when in a gunfight. Then again, I have a Glock, so in the event of a double feed, all I have to do is hold the mag release, pull the mag down far enough for the slide to go back into battery & then drive that mag back home
    The way I was taught is also to not worry about the brass on a type 2. I was taught tap, roll the pistol to the right so the ejection port is facing mostly downward, then rack. Gravity takes care of any FTE brass.

I was taught type 3 the same way you were which is the primary reason I carry an extra mag.

Checking with snap caps: The XD45 works the same as the Glock in a double feed, not that I would want to trust that double feed was the problem in combat. I'm still going to follow my training and rip the mag out and rack. The Sig P228 not so much. If I didn't pull the mag I would have issues as the round out of the mag stripped far enough to drop into the magwell when I yanked the mag.

Good thread. Made me review my malfunction/failure drills and I learned something I didn't know thanks to checking out FightingGlock's comments in relation to my pistols.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Now I want a hamburger with bacon, fries, salt and pepper...

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote: His attics are a little different that what Gabe taught at the "Advanced Close range gunfighting" class.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hell, I thought this was going to be a thread about beer and ribs.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hell, I thought this was going to be a thread about beer and ribs.
    I was thinking of a different kind of "rack", but equally disappointed.. :?