• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in National Parks

lilothedog

imported post

Can anyone clarify the legality on OCing in National Parks? Is it legal? My family and my brothers family are planning a vacation to Montana's Glacier Park here in a couple of weeks and we both need to know the law. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Bear 45/70

imported post

There are proposed rule changes that will have the National Parks mirroring state law when it comes to firearms. However thenew ruleshaven't been put into effect yet. So no guns.

lilothedog

imported post

As an NRA member, I get emails of new "news" and I think I remember seeing something about that. But again, just wanted to clarify that. Hopefully this "dumbass" law will change soon!

BobR

imported post

I used to live right at the edge of GNP. The official policy is no guns. They have to be unloaded and stored when driving through. As it is in all National Parks.

Mypolicy was a little different. It was concealed means concealed. And that usually meant a stoutly loaded S&W 25-5 in 45 Colt.

Four legged people eaters aren't the only dangers in a place like that. I always figured I would much rather pay the price for shooting a bear than getting partially eaten by a bear. It was a risk I was willing to take. YMMV

bob