Thread: PayPal Sucks!!!

Post imported post

I really hate to see that "PayPal Donate" button on this site. Any "eBay" seller would know what I mean. See for yourself at www.paypalsucks.com. See the horror stories for yourself!

Post imported post

Then send John a personal cheque. PM him for his address.

Post imported post

Hmmm..... I won't deal with anyone on ebay who doesn't use paypal. I even build it into my favorite searches so I don't even see items by sellers who don't take it.

I'm also far more likely to donate to a charity (or website) that takes paypal than one that wants my cc info.

FWIW.

Post imported post

lilothedog wrote:
    I really hate to see that "PayPal Donate" button on this site. Any "eBay" seller would know what I mean. See for yourself at http://www.paypalsucks.com. See the horror stories for yourself!
    PayPal does have problems when dealing with buyers and sellers. My wife has experienced them in the past. I hate PayPal because they make thepay for the loss.

However, John has decided to use PayPal to "collect" donations. Unless a member decides to use a stolen credit card... John does not have to worry about any charge-backs and he is not really loosing anything.

Post imported post

I think google checkout might be another option.

The problem is, paypal works only for the fact that any other payment processor would require $400 up front for setting up the account and $50 a month for processing alone.

Post imported post

I think PayPal is tailored for the buyer, not the seller. I'm very surprised to see that they even allow their button to be on this site. Especially with their anti-gun mentality!