• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PayPal Sucks!!!

mzbk2l

imported post

Hmmm..... I won't deal with anyone on ebay who doesn't use paypal. I even build it into my favorite searches so I don't even see items by sellers who don't take it.

I'm also far more likely to donate to a charity (or website) that takes paypal than one that wants my cc info.

FWIW.

LEO 229

imported post

lilothedog wrote:
I really hate to see that "PayPal Donate" button on this site. Any "eBay" seller would know what I mean. See for yourself at http://www.paypalsucks.com. See the horror stories for yourself!
PayPal does have problems when dealing with buyers and sellers. My wife has experienced them in the past. I hate PayPal because they make thepay for the loss.

However, John has decided to use PayPal to "collect" donations. Unless a member decides to use a stolen credit card... John does not have to worry about any charge-backs and he is not really loosing anything.:lol:

hsmith

imported post

I think google checkout might be another option.

The problem is, paypal works only for the fact that any other payment processor would require $400 up front for setting up the account and $50 a month for processing alone.

lilothedog

imported post

I think PayPal is tailored for the buyer, not the seller. I'm very surprised to see that they even allow their button to be on this site. Especially with their anti-gun mentality!