• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on the Trimet incident

grishnav

imported post

Neither Phssthpok nor I have been particularly eager to discuss the latest update on the Trimet saga, but I know everyone is waiting patiently, so I figured I ought to give an update.

Both of us ended up taking the plea deal. We both wanted to fight it, and the deal most definately does not rest well with either one of us, but carefully evaluating the situation, the risks, and the costs, it just didn't make sense to turn it down. Our rational sides won the day.

The fight's not yet over for me. I believe that they are still trying to take my CHL, even though there are no grounds to do so. Lonnie is working a back angle on the issue.

In the meantime, Phssthpok and I open carried at Saturday Market during our community service the last two weekends, with no issues whatsoever. We've got a lot of funny stories to tell, so stay tuned. I've also been OCing around Gresham again as well. No problems, no issues. Life is slowly returning to normal.

As of June 18th (at 7pm), I will be allowed to enter Trimet property again. We should most definatley be planning a meet to occur not long after this. :)

I'm also thinking of attending the Trimet board meeting in June (should occur sometime at the end of the month, after I'm allowed to return). There is a section available for public comments, where I plan to request that they bring Trimet code into compliance with Oregon law. I'll coordonate that in a seperate thread if I decide to go forward.

I drop off the last payment to my lawyer sometime next week. Anybody who sent me money to help fund the fight, please let me know sometime in the next few weeks if you would like me to issue a refund though Paypal, since I'm not going to end up battling this out in court (this time?).

On a sidenote, I've now acquired a video camera to use instead of a voice recorder. I plan to film our OC gatherings insead of only recording audio, as well as several other projects for which I've long wanted a camera. :)

Anyway, the whole thing sucks, but live and learn I suppose. In the end, this is the quickest way to get back into the fight. And get back into the fight I shall!

Be safe everyone.

SetivaSicWood

imported post

You all did the best you could. I hope you will be able to have the case set aside and sealed once your community service obligation is satisfied.

You are correct "we" did learn sometings from your experience..... Time to print up buttons saying; You Are Being Recorded.