Thread: Leaving weapon in the car

Post imported post

Whenforced to have toleaveyour weapon in the car, where do you usuallyput it?Since I dont have a concealed carry permit, would I have to worry about concealing it somewhere in the car? Id just like to know what some of you guys do. Thanks

Post imported post

I would vote for the trunk or a lockable glove compartment. Without double checking the VA Code, I would guess that as long as you arent in the car with the concealed weapon than its a non-issue.

Post imported post

When I HAVE TO leave it in the car, I unload it and put the gun& holster under the seat and the clip+1 in the bottom center console(Truck has 2). I leave the holster too because wearing an empty holster lets an observant BG know that I left my weapon in the vehicle. Also, if I catch BG breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun, I know I'm not gonna get shot with my own .45 cause it's not loaded.

My .02

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

vaguard wrote:
    Whenforced to have toleaveyour weapon in the car, where do you usuallyput it?
    http://www.center-of-mass.com/

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    When I HAVE TO leave it in the car, I unload it and put the gun& holster under the seat and the clip+1 in the bottom center console(Truck has 2). I leave the holster too because wearing an empty holster lets an observant BG know that I left my weapon in the vehicle. Also, if I catch BG breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun, I know I'm not gonna get shot with my own .45 cause it's not loaded.

My .02
    magazine.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
    magazine.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AF21sihEgOU

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/AF21sihEgOU&hl=en[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    vaguard wrote:
    +1 I have one bolted to my vehicle. Good enough to deter the common thief, but a determined thief with the right tools and time can get into it.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
    magazine.

C-l-i-p takes fewer keystrokes than m-a-g-a-z-i-n-e. Of course, now that I just spelled out both with - - - , what's the point, eh? LOL

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

When I have to leave the Glock in the car (rarely happens) I disassemble it and take the barrel with me then put the rest of the parts in the console, glovebox and under the seat.

Post imported post

I don't come upon many places where I have to leave it in the car. When I do, I always unload and take the magazine with me. If I know before hand that I am going to have to leave it in the car for a period of time, I take a one of those child-safety cable locks and lock the pistol to the seat frame and put the gun under the seat. Otherwise, depending which vehicle I'm in, I may or may not have a locking place to put it. At least I have the magazine and the ammo so the thief isn't going to be using it in the robbery in the next 5 minutes.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    vaguard wrote:
    +1

Generally, I don't have to use it, but I do from time to time.

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    ed wrote:
    vaguard wrote:
    +1

Generally, I don't have to use it, but I do from time to time.
    I just bought the GunVault Multi Deluxe for around $123 and the security cable for it for another $15, including shipping. It's pretty nice and roomy. There is a smaller version if this one won't fit under your seat. I do wish it came with a carry handle. I will probably install one once I get it.

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    C-l-i-p takes fewer keystrokes than m-a-g-a-z-i-n-e. Of course, now that I just spelled out both with - - - , what's the point, eh? LOL

M-a-g takes even fewer keystrokes, and it's correct:celebrate
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

vaguard wrote:
    Id just like to know what some of you guys do. Thanks
    I'll never tell!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
    magazine.

"mag" is fewer still than "clip." :P