• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leaving weapon in the car

vaguard

imported post

Whenforced to have toleaveyour weapon in the car, where do you usuallyput it?Since I dont have a concealed carry permit, would I have to worry about concealing it somewhere in the car? Id just like to know what some of you guys do. Thanks

soloban

imported post

I would vote for the trunk or a lockable glove compartment. Without double checking the VA Code, I would guess that as long as you arent in the car with the concealed weapon than its a non-issue.

vbnative73

imported post

When I HAVE TO leave it in the car, I unload it and put the gun& holster under the seat and the clip+1 in the bottom center console(Truck has 2). I leave the holster too because wearing an empty holster lets an observant BG know that I left my weapon in the vehicle. Also, if I catch BG breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun, I know I'm not gonna get shot with my own .45 cause it's not loaded.

My .02

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

vaguard wrote:
Whenforced to have toleaveyour weapon in the car, where do you usuallyput it?
http://www.center-of-mass.com/

LSideView1911.jpg

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
When I HAVE TO leave it in the car, I unload it and put the gun& holster under the seat and the clip+1 in the bottom center console(Truck has 2). I leave the holster too because wearing an empty holster lets an observant BG know that I left my weapon in the vehicle. Also, if I catch BG breaking into my vehicle and stealing my gun, I know I'm not gonna get shot with my own .45 cause it's not loaded.

My .02
magazine.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
magazine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AF21sihEgOU

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/AF21sihEgOU&hl=en[/flash]

vbnative73

imported post

ed wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
magazine.

C-l-i-p takes fewer keystrokes than m-a-g-a-z-i-n-e. Of course, now that I just spelled out both with - - - , what's the point, eh? LOL

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

When I have to leave the Glock in the car (rarely happens) I disassemble it and take the barrel with me then put the rest of the parts in the console, glovebox and under the seat.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't come upon many places where I have to leave it in the car. When I do, I always unload and take the magazine with me. If I know before hand that I am going to have to leave it in the car for a period of time, I take a one of those child-safety cable locks and lock the pistol to the seat frame and put the gun under the seat. Otherwise, depending which vehicle I'm in, I may or may not have a locking place to put it. At least I have the magazine and the ammo so the thief isn't going to be using it in the robbery in the next 5 minutes.

Neplusultra

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
ed wrote:
vaguard wrote:
Whenforced to have toleaveyour weapon in the car, where do you usuallyput it?
http://www.center-of-mass.com/
+1

Generally, I don't have to use it, but I do from time to time.
I just bought the GunVault Multi Deluxe for around $123 and the security cable for it for another $15, including shipping. It's pretty nice and roomy. There is a smaller version if this one won't fit under your seat. I do wish it came with a carry handle. I will probably install one once I get it.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

vbnative73 wrote:

C-l-i-p takes fewer keystrokes than m-a-g-a-z-i-n-e. Of course, now that I just spelled out both with - - - , what's the point, eh? LOL
M-a-g takes even fewer keystrokes, and it's correct:celebrate

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
ed wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:

My .02
magazine.

"mag" is fewer still than "clip." :p