• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stories of Open Carry in the Milwaukee Area

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Interesting characterization, "the Omega People."

I'm with a wedding party in Weatherford, Texas seeing to the Father of the Bride and helping with the driving (1300 miles from W I). A guest of the bride's family is a Ty IV OI little person - and a CWP holder from SC! It's a small world even for her, exceptional and impressively-abled. An Alpha Person beyond her stature.

I hope that SC will welcome Beth from Chester on her return.

swillden

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Look back to the comments on my posts of 'The Mathematical Impossibility of Compromise' by a brilliant and accomplished gentleman and armed citizen. It is attacked by the intellectual mongrels here even though the author is an Alpha male far removed from the pack.
No, it was attacked because it WAS an intellectual muddle, with nothing mathematical about it.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Thanks to those who have shared their storeis of OC.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have some stories to share also. Great thread kinda gives me an idea of what to expect.

smithman

imported post

I talked with my pastor this last week. He is a shooter himself. I peaked his interest in the OC movement. He also knew the laws somewhat about where one could not take guns (schools, govn't buildings, etc).

Gave him a pamphlet from the Patriots. He was very receptive, and wished to discuss some of the things we talked about with his friends in law enforcement. I mentioned to him that LEOs can consider OC touchy...some don't know its legal and some have been erroneously taught that OC = DC.

In any case, it was a great discussion....

Teej

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
think it's time to start planning OC Walks?

When and where? :)

I'd like to meet some fellow freedom lovers. Even if its just for a beer to put a name and a face together.
Hmmm. I'm in New Berlin and could use a beer and some wings.

Up for Thurs. night for a celebratory (or funereal as the case may be...) beer to toast the Heller decision? Say...oh...BW3s on Moorland @ 7pm? No Brewers game so the crowd should be reasonable.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Hmmm. I'm in New Berlin and could use a beer and some wings.

Up for Thurs. night for a celebratory (or funereal as the case may be...) beer to toast the Heller decision? Say...oh...BW3s on Moorland @ 7pm? No Brewers game so the crowd should be reasonable.

Hey Teej,

Sorry I missed your post until now. During the week is bad for me. Friday aft/evening or Saturday aft/evenings are best. (well this time of year I'm on my boat every Saturday afternoon til dusk)

PavePusher

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Pointman:
Although German's training and "certification" program may have some personal benefits, this is Wisconsin. Legally his "certification" and two bucks will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. You should not make comments that suggest you are certified and so have special carry advantages.
Where the heck did you find a SB's that has coffee for $2?!

Teej

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
Lammie wrote:
Pointman:
Although German's training and "certification" program may have some personal benefits, this is Wisconsin. Legally his "certification" and two bucks will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. You should not make comments that suggest you are certified and so have special carry advantages.
Where the heck did you find a SB's that has coffee for $2?!

Uh...on practically every street corner?

Their coffee isn't priced much, if any, out of line. It's when you order the double shot mocha macchiatto latte that you walk out thinking "I just paid $5 for a cup of coffee?! WTF?!?!"

That said, I don't go to starbucks much. When I drink coffee, I take it black, and I'm in the crowd that thinks charbucks over-roasts their coffee.

It's not that I don't like dark roasts...I'm perfectly fine with a nice french roast if that's what I'm in the mood for.

However, your basic Sumatran, Ethiopian and Columbian should not all taste the same. And at charbucks, they do.

PavePusher

imported post

Ahh, I see. I should have stated that I prefer my coffee either semi-Middle Eastern style (sweet and strong enough to stand the spoon up in, wood or plastic spoons only, metal will disolve...), or mud-mocha (black coffee, add hot chocolate mix until said spoon balances on own...). Most "American" coffee I find to be the equivalant of Buweiser/Miller beer: weak, ineffective and an insult to the pallate and to real craftsmen. Starbucks=desperation to me.:quirky

To make this vaguely gun-related, should coffee stops be before/during/after range sessions? And now, back to our scheduled topic...:D

smithman

imported post

My cousin was in town last weekend. I was going to take him shooting atFletcher's but timeran out. We talked about gun laws in WI, andspecifically OC. He doesn't own apistolyet but he is planning on it. One of his friends in Indianacarries regularly.I asked him if he'd seenanybody OCin Indiana, and he said "yes". We talked a someabout OC as a means of carryI and I dispelled a few myths about it. My cousin was eager to see me at the family reunion next summer. And yes, I will be carrying the whole trip (except on the airplane).

Last time my wife and I took a walk around the neighborhood I strapped on my pistol as usual. On the way back, we saw a mother with three elementary-age kids walking with her. I watched as her eyes got wide when seeing my gun. I always make it a point to say a friendly hello to those people who have noticed my gun. "Hello, how are you doing tonite?" I said. She said nothing. Though she looked concerned and didn't want to 'provoke a man with a gun' by acknowledging me,I may havemade her think a littlebit.A gun on a hip doesn'tturn a law abidingcitizen into some raving criminal lunatic...