• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Up coming Vacation!

WhiteFeather

imported post

Its been more than two years since I have had a vacation and I cannot express how excited I am to finally get one!

I am going to be in Va Beach this up coming week and would like some information about the situations around that area.

How friendly are they to OC? I won't be carrying too much and I plan on going out to a restraunt for a night which I know you must OC at if I decide to carry. But I wanted to get a good feel for the political climate.

Also I will be visting Norfolk and then going to see some fam in NC (My real home state!)

Any advice wouldbe great! Like I said I'm not going to be carrying too much because I plan on just relaxing and having fun (And a few brews!)

C

ccloud43

imported post

Hello Whitefeather. Va Beach is pretty OC friendly. I OC everywhere i am allowed by law and I dont have any problems. I do get a few:what:now and then but that is all. Dont OC in the malls. They just posted Pembroke with a no guns sign and Lynnhaven has one also.

So come on down, enjoy the area and have a good time.

johnfenter

imported post

Avoid the Black Angus restaurant at the Beach; the owner, Mr. Savvides, is a known anti-gunner due to his letters to the editor on behalf of the Virginia Beach Restaurant Association. Other than that, I just have to point out that you should check the weather forecast for your vacation; right now, the weather is less than attractive. The VBPD shouldn't bother you; if they do, let me know.

Tricorn

imported post

johnfenter wrote:
Avoid the Black Angus restaurant at the Beach; the owner, Mr. Savvides, is a known anti-gunner due to his letters to the editor on behalf of the Virginia Beach Restaurant Association. Other than that, I just have to point out that you should check the weather forecast for your vacation; right now, the weather is less than attractive. The VBPD shouldn't bother you; if they do, let me know.
On our last couple of trips (annual spring vacation) to VA Beach we'veeaten atthe Black Angus and haven't had a problem OCing.

johnfenter

imported post

He may not have been in when you ate there; trust me, based on the correspondence I had with him, he WILL ask folks open carrying to leave. Unless he has undergone a life-changing epiphany, that is...

Neplusultra

imported post

Tricorn wrote:
johnfenter wrote:
On our last couple of trips (annual spring vacation) to VA Beach we'veeaten atthe Black Angus and haven't had a problem OCing.
That's cuz no one questions a man wearing a Tricorn! :D

Chkultr

imported post

Welcome to Vah Beach! Oc all you want, but if you are down at the oceanfront make sure you do not use foul language! :cuss:The sign says so!:lol: This is a family vacation destination!

72Malibu

imported post

johnfenter wrote:

Thanks for the head's up on the Black Angus restaurant.

Last year when my family and I went to VA Beach, we were going to eat there since we hadn't been to one since we lived in Kalifornia. We decided not to eat there though as the line to get into the restaurant was too long.

vtme_grad98

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Can't help you with anything OC related, but can you see if Keagan's is still tasty as all get out for me?
The answer to that would be "no". Their food quality plummeted when Gordon Biersch opened around the corner. The beer, and food, is far better at Gordon Biersch.

psmartin

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
johnfenter wrote:

Thanks for the head's up on the Black Angus restaurant.

Last year when my family and I went to VA Beach, we were going to eat there since we hadn't been to one since we lived in Kalifornia. We decided not to eat there though as the line to get into the restaurant was too long.

The man's entitled to his opinion, but I doubt he's going to actually throw out someone who's well dressed and spending money..

I've OC'ed at the Black Angus at least twice.. and make sure you find the "early bird" coupon for your meal

WhiteFeather

imported post

Weather be damned I'll be down there on the morrow.

I'm not going to be carrying very much as I don't plan on doing much more than relaxing on the beach, swimming and getting very relaxed;).

I will be in Norfolk for a little while, going to visit the Macarthur center, and see a few other sites. Will also be in Kill Devil Hills NC.

I just want to have fun. I haven't been there in two years or so and I remember how nice it was I just hope it hasn't changed.