Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Man tries to rob doughnut shop with a BB gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    , Colorado, USA
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    I hadn't seen this one show up yet:

    http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_n...ry/633281.html

    A man, apparently wanted for other crimes in the area tried to rob a doughnut shop early in the morning with a BB gun. He ended up hitting the one store worker who was in the shop.

    Luckily, a neighbor heard the noise, and came to help with a 12-Ga. shotgun. Guess who won?

    Go-go good guys!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    jcman wrote:
    I hadn't seen this one show up yet:

    http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_n...ry/633281.html

    A man, apparently wanted for other crimes in the area tried to rob a doughnut shop early in the morning with a BB gun.Â* He ended up hitting the one store worker who was in the shop.

    Luckily, a neighbor heard the noise, and came to help with a 12-Ga. shotgun.Â* Guess who won?

    Go-go good guys!

    Good old Texas

    Way to go.


    Tarzan

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Nice.

    I mean, the neighbor also had a BB gun... just one that fires several dozen of them at once, and a bit more forcefully

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Nice.

    I mean, the neighbor also had a BB gun... just one that fires several dozen of them at once, and a bit more forcefully
    Laff ... nicely played!


    I wonder how often robbers actually have BB guns. There was an attempted mugging last year in St. Louis with a BB gun. The CCer had a real gun - oops. I know I have read of others over the years. I just hope the antis don't use this to restrict the purchase of BB/pellet guns.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  5. #5
    Regular Member thnycav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Windsor VA, ,
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    Just think how hard it would be to micro chip the BBs.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    Never bring a BB gun to a gun fight!
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    I wonder how often robbers actually have BB guns. There was an attempted mugging last year in St. Louis with a BB gun. The CCer had a real gun - oops. I know I have read of others over the years. I just hope the antis don't use this to restrict the purchase of BB/pellet guns.

    They already are trying to in the UK, I believe.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    Mis-posted article....

    This post should not be on OCDO, it should be in the Darwin Awards website.

    A donut shop??? What kind of moron tries to rob a donut shop??? Everybody knows that donut shops are really just unofficial police sub stations!!! He is damn lucky that the fresh donut sign wasn't on or he might have been tased!

    Seriously though, the audacity to commit an armed robbery with a BB gun indicates that we need A LOT MORE armed citizens open carrying. ( I know that OC of handguns is a no-no in Texas, but that really needs to change.)
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  9. #9
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Hmm.....given how realistic most BB guns look, if someone was stoopid enough to try robbing me with a BB gun, they'd get something a bit more forceful in return......I'm sure not waiting to decide whether it's a "real" gun or not before responding with deadly force.......

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    62

    Post imported post

    Even a BB gun can take out an eye or two. Anyone who attempts to physically harm me is getting shot. PERIOD.

  11. #11
    Regular Member vt357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    490

    Post imported post

    Someone tried to rob an Baskin Robins ice cream shop here last summer with a BB gun. The store manager shot and killed him.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Well the situation in St. Louis last year (or may have been late '06 I don't recall for sure) is an example of why this is a bad idea. As I remember it, guy from out of town on businees with a valid CCW carrying and walking back to his hotel. Two guys get the drop on him and one points a gun at him. Guy submits and hands over wallet and watch. BGs start to leave but as they turn to walk away, BG with the gun turns and points it at guy's head. Guy draws CC firearm and shoots the BGs wounding them. BG with the gun got shot in the leg IIRC, but I don't remember about the other guy. They run off. Cops find them and the BB gun, give the guy his stuff back and LEO on the scene tells the guy good job protecting himself and sends him on his way. Guy obviously didn't realize it was a BB gun until the cops recovered it and told him.

    Stupid to rob an armed man using a BB gun. Stupid to rob an armed man regardless. Robbery is rightfully a dangerous career choice. Robbers getting killed or injured get not one iota of sympathy from me.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Well the situation in St. Louis last year (or may have been late '06 I don't recall for sure) is an example of why this is a bad idea. As I remember it, guy from out of town on businees with a valid CCW carrying and walking back to his hotel. Two guys get the drop on him and one points a gun at him. Guy submits and hands over wallet and watch. BGs start to leave but as they turn to walk away, BG with the gun turns and points it at guy's head. Guy draws CC firearm and shoots the BGs wounding them. BG with the gun got shot in the leg IIRC, but I don't remember about the other guy. They run off. Cops find them and the BB gun, give the guy his stuff back and LEO on the scene tells the guy good job protecting himself and sends him on his way. Guy obviously didn't realize it was a BB gun until the cops recovered it and told him.

    Stupid to rob an armed man using a BB gun. Stupid to rob an armed man regardless. Robbery is rightfully a dangerous career choice. Robbers getting killed or injured get not one iota of sympathy from me.
    I can agree with you there. It's just burglary we disagree about


    Anyhow, as the story goes, someone tried to mug the father of a friend of mine with an airsoft pistol. My friend's father, who was unarmed at the time, proceeded to punch the guy and take the airsoft pistol, which he still has to this day. Never bothered to question the accuracy of it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •