• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man tries to rob doughnut shop with a BB gun

jcman

imported post

I hadn't seen this one show up yet:

http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/633281.html

A man, apparently wanted for other crimes in the area tried to rob a doughnut shop early in the morning with a BB gun. He ended up hitting the one store worker who was in the shop.

Luckily, a neighbor heard the noise, and came to help with a 12-Ga. shotgun. Guess who won?

Go-go good guys!

tarzan1888

imported post

jcman wrote:
I hadn't seen this one show up yet:

http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/633281.html

A man, apparently wanted for other crimes in the area tried to rob a doughnut shop early in the morning with a BB gun.  He ended up hitting the one store worker who was in the shop.

Luckily, a neighbor heard the noise, and came to help with a 12-Ga. shotgun.  Guess who won?

Go-go good guys!

Good old Texas :)

Way to go.

Tarzan

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Nice.

I mean, the neighbor also had a BB gun... just one that fires several dozen of them at once, and a bit more forcefully :)
Laff ... nicely played!

I wonder how often robbers actually have BB guns. There was an attempted mugging last year in St. Louis with a BB gun. The CCer had a real gun - oops. I know I have read of others over the years. I just hope the antis don't use this to restrict the purchase of BB/pellet guns.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I wonder how often robbers actually have BB guns. There was an attempted mugging last year in St. Louis with a BB gun. The CCer had a real gun - oops. I know I have read of others over the years. I just hope the antis don't use this to restrict the purchase of BB/pellet guns.

They already are trying to in the UK, I believe.

Thundar

imported post

Mis-posted article....:banghead:

This post should not be on OCDO, it should be in the Darwin Awards website.:idea:

A donut shop??? What kind of moron tries to rob a donut shop??? Everybody knows that donut shops are really just unofficial police sub stations!!! He is damn lucky that the fresh donut sign wasn't on or he might have been tased!:lol:

Seriously though, the audacity to commit an armed robbery with a BB gun indicates that we need A LOT MORE armed citizens open carrying. ( I know that OC of handguns is a no-no in Texas, but that really needs to change.)

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm.....given how realistic most BB guns look, if someone was stoopid enough to try robbing me with a BB gun, they'd get something a bit more forceful in return......I'm sure not waiting to decide whether it's a "real" gun or not before responding with deadly force.......

John

imported post

Even a BB gun can take out an eye or two. Anyone who attempts to physically harm me is getting shot. PERIOD.

vt357

imported post

Someone tried to rob an Baskin Robins ice cream shop here last summer with a BB gun. The store manager shot and killed him.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well the situation in St. Louis last year (or may have been late '06 I don't recall for sure) is an example of why this is a bad idea. As I remember it, guy from out of town on businees with a valid CCW carrying and walking back to his hotel. Two guys get the drop on him and one points a gun at him. Guy submits and hands over wallet and watch. BGs start to leave but as they turn to walk away, BG with the gun turns and points it at guy's head. Guy draws CC firearm and shoots the BGs wounding them. BG with the gun got shot in the leg IIRC, but I don't remember about the other guy. They run off. Cops find them and the BB gun, give the guy his stuff back and LEO on the scene tells the guy good job protecting himself and sends him on his way. Guy obviously didn't realize it was a BB gun until the cops recovered it and told him.

Stupid to rob an armed man using a BB gun. Stupid to rob an armed man regardless. Robbery is rightfully a dangerous career choice. Robbers getting killed or injured get not one iota of sympathy from me.

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Well the situation in St. Louis last year (or may have been late '06 I don't recall for sure) is an example of why this is a bad idea. As I remember it, guy from out of town on businees with a valid CCW carrying and walking back to his hotel. Two guys get the drop on him and one points a gun at him. Guy submits and hands over wallet and watch. BGs start to leave but as they turn to walk away, BG with the gun turns and points it at guy's head. Guy draws CC firearm and shoots the BGs wounding them. BG with the gun got shot in the leg IIRC, but I don't remember about the other guy. They run off. Cops find them and the BB gun, give the guy his stuff back and LEO on the scene tells the guy good job protecting himself and sends him on his way. Guy obviously didn't realize it was a BB gun until the cops recovered it and told him.

Stupid to rob an armed man using a BB gun. Stupid to rob an armed man regardless. Robbery is rightfully a dangerous career choice. Robbers getting killed or injured get not one iota of sympathy from me.
I can agree with you there. It's just burglary we disagree about :D

Anyhow, as the story goes, someone tried to mug the father of a friend of mine with an airsoft pistol. My friend's father, who was unarmed at the time, proceeded to punch the guy and take the airsoft pistol, which he still has to this day. Never bothered to question the accuracy of it...