Thread: Another end-run around the 4A in Portland

Post imported post

Oopsie... the title was supposed to have question-marks...

Anyway, as if ORS 166.380 wasn't enough... Portland City Code

14C.30.050 Seizure of Dangerous and Deadly Weapons for Safekeeping.
    If a police officer reasonably believes that a dangerous or deadly weapon may be used to cause serious harm to any person, the police officer may temporarily seize the weapon for safekeeping. If an officer seizes a weapon under this Section, he or she shall promptly turn the weapon into the Bureau of Police Property/Evidence Division.

Is this simply stating that weapons siezed in accordance with the 4A be immediately turned over to evidence, or is it yet another bypass? Does the 4A require PC or only RAS? This statute would seem to allow RAS...

How does everyone else read this?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'd read it the same way the US Supreme Ct. would read it.

Municipal ordinances can't suspend the 4th Amendment.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

If you guys want to Open Carry.. you should come here to Vegas where there aren't any commies

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    If you guys want to Open Carry.. you should come here to Vegas where there aren't any commies
    Yeah, what he said. Or you could come to Virginia. I left the land of Birkenstocks, burlap underwear, granola-eating wimps 15 years ago and haven't looked back since.