• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another end-run around the 4A in Portland

grishnav

imported post

Oopsie... the title was supposed to have question-marks...

Anyway, as if ORS 166.380 wasn't enough... Portland City Code

14C.30.050 Seizure of Dangerous and Deadly Weapons for Safekeeping.
If a police officer reasonably believes that a dangerous or deadly weapon may be used to cause serious harm to any person, the police officer may temporarily seize the weapon for safekeeping. If an officer seizes a weapon under this Section, he or she shall promptly turn the weapon into the Bureau of Police Property/Evidence Division.

Is this simply stating that weapons siezed in accordance with the 4A be immediately turned over to evidence, or is it yet another bypass? Does the 4A require PC or only RAS? This statute would seem to allow RAS...

How does everyone else read this?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd read it the same way the US Supreme Ct. would read it.

Municipal ordinances can't suspend the 4th Amendment.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
If you guys want to Open Carry.. you should come here to Vegas where there aren't any commies :cool:
Yeah, what he said. Or you could come to Virginia. I left the land of Birkenstocks, burlap underwear, granola-eating wimps 15 years ago and haven't looked back since.