• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felt like my first time again...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So I've gotten pretty used to carrying openly here in NC, and haven't felt uncomfortable for quite a while now. The one place I hadn't ventured into yet was the closed off city recreation area, as they have been very adamant about pushing their "no concealed handguns" policy. Yes, I know that technically has nothing to do with open carry, but when I had asked a cop about the subject, he explained that the "purpose" of the signs and law was to keep guns out, period. I decided not to push it, since the only time I ever went there was for the g/f's kid's games and practices. I didn't want to risk embarrassing the kid in front of his friends by causing a scene.

Anyway I decided I'd grab the bull by the horns again and go to the boy's game with my gun on my hip. It felt like the first time I open carried. I was convinced someone would SOMETHING. Best case scenario, a parent or "park employee" would question me. Worst case, the PD would respond to a hysteric 911 call.

So guess what happened? NOTHING :Dlol. I didn't even catch a single dirty look. I feel like an idiot for making it such a big deal for myself lol. I may catch some flak for carrying there eventually, but now not only can I quote the signs and law (that both specify concealed handguns only), but I can rightfully claim that I've already carried there before without incident. :)

Weak 9mm

imported post

Indeed, I do suggest continuing.

The local Bojangles has a sign banning concealed weapons. I open carried into the store without issue on one occasion. I've only been to the drive through since though, so I'm not sure if I just "got lucky" in that nobody asked me to leave, or if they really only mean concealed weapons.