• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah concealed carry course scheduled for July 12, 2008

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I hadnt anticipated just how popular this Utah class will be. I just had an email from2 guys from Pennsylvania who want to come down for the class.

Thank you to everyone who inquired and/or signed up so far. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Jim

Sleepless

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I hadnt anticipated just how popular this Utah class will be. I just had an email from2 guys from Pennsylvania who want to come down for the class.

Thank you to everyone who inquired and/or signed up so far. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Jim
Jim if I had the money then I would have been there for the course in a flash but hopefully I will be soon, I gotto check if I as a Canadian Citizen can get a Utah Non-Resident Permit because if I can then I will save up some money so I can be there soon.

I recently checked if I could buy a pistol there in VA but for that I have to have a non-immigrant documentation number that I can apply for at the border so that might not be a problem but I also have to stay in VA for at least 90 Days before I can buy one so for now I can only get the Utah permit. :cry:

ProShooter

imported post

Sleepless wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Jim
Jim if I had the money then I would have been there for the course in a flash but hopefully I will be soon, I gotto check if I as a Canadian Citizen can get a Utah Non-Resident Permit because if I can then I will save up some money so I can be there soon.

I recently checked if I could buy a pistol there in VA but for that I have to have a non-immigrant documentation number that I can apply for at the border so that might not be a problem but I also have to stay in VA for at least 90 Days before I can buy one so for now I can only get the Utah permit. :cry:

Are you living in the US right now?

Jim

Sleepless

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Sleepless wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Jim

Are you living in the US right now?

Jim
Unfortunately not yet but I am about to apply for a restricted weapons licence here in Quebec so I can buy a handgun (We have to first pass a non-restricted weapons course which teaches us about hunting rifles and afterwards we can go the restricted weapons course to be allowed to purchase and own handguns ONLY for range use) and use it on the range but I do have a US Bank Account so I was planning on storing the handgun in a safe deposit box in either Norfolk or Virginia Beach while I was away from Virginia and carrying it while I was down there because I think it would be a lot harder if I would try and bring my Canadian Handgun into the US and also presently I don't have a drivers licence so I would be taking Greyhound down and they don't allow it so I don't have much choice in the matter.

One thing that bothers me though is that I recently came across user comments on a Salt Lake City newspaper talking about Utah not allowing Canadians a non-resident permit anymore so I have to contact BCI in Utah to find out what is going on and if I can get it or not.

But no matter what, I will move to Virginia as soon as I can come Hell or high water.

I guess that shows how determined I am. =oP

Sleepless

imported post

Just got off the phone with BCI and they are extremely nice and helpful.

I found out through one of the Managers that they no longer allows Canadian Residents to apply for a Non-Resident Permit due to the fact that they can't get information from the Canadian Police in regards to if the applicant has a protective order against him/her or not but I would think that if the person has a protective order against him/her then they wouldn't be allowed to have a restricted handgun licence or as it is called here PAL.

Looks like I will have to pay the exhorbitant fees for a Florida Licence instead but I digress.

I hope everybody graduates the training and I wish you and your students good luck Jim.

73 de John

VE2SWE/VA2TLC

ProShooter

imported post

Sleepless wrote:

I found out through one of the Managers that they no longer allows Canadian Residents to apply for a Non-Resident Permit due to the fact that they can't get information from the Canadian Police in regards to if the applicant has a protective order against him/her or not but I would think that if the person has a protective order against him/her then they wouldn't be allowed to have a restricted handgun licence or as it is called here PAL.

Looks like I will have to pay the exhorbitant fees for a Florida Licence instead but I digress.

I hope everybody graduates the training and I wish you and your students good luck Jim.

73 de John

VE2SWE/VA2TLC

Thank you!

Interest has been very, very high. I'm very pleased.

We may end up scheduling a secondclass in July if the demand stays high.

Jim

Sleepless

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Sleepless wrote:

73 de John

VE2SWE/VA2TLC

Thank you!

Interest has been very, very high. I'm very pleased.

We may end up scheduling a secondclass in July if the demand stays high.

Jim
Congrats, I was told by the manager for BCI that as soon as I establish residency in Virginia they would have no problems with issuing me a non-resident permit so now I got to hurry up and finish my education so I can move. =oP

Sleepless

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
You can also apply for your Virginia permit on the very first day that you live in Virginia.
Hmm, yeah that is true and I can take the Utah course when I have settled in because I doubt I will be going anywhere for a while after I move to Virginia.

But until then I am gonna take the two classes here and try the various pistols and buy the one I like shooting and holding the best but I definetly want to try the new Springfield XD-M .40 caliber because .40 caliber sounds like the best round as in recoil and also in stopping power with a 165 grain bullet but I gotto learn more about ballistics and the various calculations, but research is fun. :p

ProShooter

imported post

Just an FYI.....

We will be taking registrations for our Utah class at the Richmond Showplace gun show this weekend.

If you haven't already signed up, we expect interest to be high so I recommend doing so quickly. If this class fills up, we plan to schedule another one quickly.

Thanks!
Jim

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Looks like he is out of business for a while.
He's not out of business, just conducting business somewhere else for a little while! :)
Yata hey

BigdoggyB

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
We have selected the date for our Utah concealed carry class. The class will be Saturday, July 12, 2008 from 12 noon to 5pm. I am posting this in a new thread for those who may have missed the first one. (Mods - feel free to delete the original one if you'd like).

You can register online at http://www.proactiveshooters.com

Jim
is OC or CC ok at the class?