• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well that's odd...

ATCer

imported post

So I saw something kind of strange today...

I was in Seattleover the weekend visiting my folks for Mother's Day. After I was dropped off at Sea-Tac, I checked in, checked my bags, and proceeded to go through security. After I made it through, and having surrendered my oh so dangerous bottle of Arrowhead Water, I went to my gate. I realized that I still had about 45 minutes to kill, so I decided I would hang out in the bar and enjoy a nice cold one.

As I approached the bar, I saw two signs in the window. One said "We I.D. Everyone". Okay, fair enough. But the one to the left of that one really caught my attention. It said (paraphrasing) "No firearms are permitted in the bar area". Obviously we all know firearms are not permitted in that area designated as "No Minors", but what is the point of having it INSIDE of the secure area of the airport?

Am I just crazy, or does this baffle anyone else too?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Who knows.... can't take that evil bottle of water on the plane, but you can get good and tanked up before you get on. Go figure.

just_a_car

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
The sign is probably there because the WSLCB requires that it be there. The law requires that sign at the entrance to all bars.
I'm going to put my guess/vote behind this one. Law says it has to be there, secure area or not.

heresolong

imported post

Reminds me of E&R Fiberglass helmets back in the 90s. Made here in Washington from fiberglass but they got busted for not putting on a sticker required by federal law that said that solvents could hurt the helmet shell, even though those particular solvents couldn't hurt the fiberglass shell. The law said you had to have the sticker though.