• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to do...........??

Splat!!

imported post

I was in a store that caters to gunowners the other day. I seen a sign stating " if you have a CCW permitand carrying a gun come on in . If not please leave your gun in your car........:shock:"

At this time I will notgive up the name .........Just looking for thoughts on this.

Brian D.

imported post

I don't agree with that policy, but they can set any such rules they like in that regard. Btw, is this a gunshop, range, sporting goods store, or other?

My point in asking is that the owner of a range may have somewhat more understandable reasons for this policy than the other places, maybe even based on unpleasant previous experiences. Also, owning a range entails carrying much more insurance, with no doubt restrictions that if not followed, can lead to the policy being cancelled abruptly.

I suppose if enough open carriers complained that this sign was going to make them shop/spend elsewhere, it could make the owner think twice.

Lthrnck

imported post

My guess is it's Old'e English Firearms, just a little north of Vandalia. I quit going there because of their silly sign also.

The sign should say....

If your carrying a firearm either OPENLY or CONCEALED, please leave it in your holster. If you need to remove it please go outside and clear it and then return with it in a "SAFE" condition.

BTW.. what ever happened to the "Clearing Stations", gun shops used to have.

I remember almost every gun shop in my area when I was growing uphad one. It was a 50 gal. barrel, tipped side ways, filled with sand, and had a large hole cut in the top.

You could go there and safely clear your weapon if you needed to. Don't see them anymore..