• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gang of girls blow up 3 houses in England

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok, so it is a wee bit off topic but made me go :what:

Gang of girls 'blew up house with home-made bomb over row about boy'
Last updated at 00:37am on 11th May 2008

A gang of teenage girls may have blown up a house with a home-made liquid bomb, which killed a man in a neighbouring property, after arguing with another girl about a love rival.

Purple liquid was poured through the letterbox of the Victorian house before the an explosion destroyed three houses.
Their intended victim, Charlotte Anderson, was caught in the blast and was rushed to intensive care suffering with severe burns.
Ten hours earlier Miss Anderson had phoned police to say a gang of girls aged 16 and 17 was causing trouble outside her home, in Harrow. They were directing abuse, about a boy, at Miss Anderson's ground floor flat.
Witnesses said they saw someone pouring a "purple, smelly liquid" through the letterbox of the house.
Experts say the liquid could have vaporized and caused the explosion, which killed Emad Qureshi, 26, who was at home with his parents in a neighbouring house at the time of the blast.
He was crushed to death by falling rubble.
Miss Anderson was pulled from her wrecked flat by a neighbour and she was rushed to hospital, where her condition was described as "non life-threatening".

Scotland Yard launched a murder investigation and is hunting the girl gang.
A police source said the liquid could have been made using a "recipe" found on the internet

DCI Colin Sutton said: "Our major line of inquiry is that this liquid caused the explosion and that the explosion was an attempt to murder this young woman."
Police originally thought the devastating explosion had been caused by a gas leak, a theory which has now been played down.
DCI Sutton said: "We still haven't ruled out a gas explosion but experts say it is unlikely to be the cause. What we can say is that we are happy there is no link to any terrorist organisation or acts here.
"A strong line of inquiry for us at the moment is the dispute, this call at the address and of course the substance that was put through the letterbox."

The pics at the Daily Mail site are pretty astounding.

Weak 9mm

imported post

That looks like the blast was equivalent to something like 100lbs of TNT. Unbelievable. Where can I get this purple stuff? :what:

I wonder if this was the culprit:

Ammonium triiodide crystals are foul-smelling purple colored crystals that decompose under the slightest amount of heat, friction, or shock, if they are made with the purest ammonia (ammonium hydroxide) and iodine.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I googled purple smelly goo to blow up stuff but only found links to this story. I was going to whip up some and ... well, it really doesn't matter .... :)

MetalChris

imported post

:what:is right! Holy crap!

But you're right, it's a good thing they didn't have AK-47s or even Glock 19s...the entire country could've been levelled!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Look at some of the comments left...

If this "Mystery purple liquid" poured through a letterbox by some kids has this devastating effect, we better find out quick what it was and control or ban it before the rest of the feral youths roaming the streets get to know about it.

- Ernesto Forchetto, Gijon, Spain

The supposed victim in this case will have a lot to answer if it did involve people she knew.

- Jond, Hayes

PT111

imported post

Black Power ain't got nuttin onthat Purple Power. :shock: I don't know what it was or if it was that actual source of the explosion but there was something powerful exploding and looked to me more than a gas leak.

imperialism2024

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Look at some of the comments left...

If this "Mystery purple liquid" poured through a letterbox by some kids has this devastating effect, we better find out quick what it was and control or ban it before the rest of the feral youths roaming the streets get to know about it.

- Ernesto Forchetto, Gijon, Spain

The supposed victim in this case will have a lot to answer if it did involve people she knew.

- Jond, Hayes
Isn't it obvious? Once they've gotten done banning guns, blades, and every other item, the next step is to register and control people themselves. It's the perfect (final?) solution. But it's for safety---and no one can be against safety.