Thread: Another "Guns & Airports" question.

Post imported post

The fam & I will be traveling to the Ogden-Hinckley airport on the 31st. We are going to see some of the Utah CAF's warbirds & a B-17G (Aluminum Overcast).

The planes will be on the tarmac by the main terminal. Does anyone know ifOC or CC are allowed while at an event like this?:?

Post imported post

Is it a "secured area?" Will there be metal detectors and/or guards checking bags?

Post imported post

I don't know? That's why I was hope'n some ya'll northerners might be able to clue me in.

I know that there would be no problems at Springville/Spanish Fork or Provo airports, but no clue about Ogden airport because I've never been there.

Post imported post

If they are flight-capable aircraft, they will almost certainly be parked inside a "secure" area and no weapons will be permitted. But I can't say how security will actually be administered, i.e. bag searches, metal detectors, individual searches, etc. Is this an air show-type event, or a permanent display area?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mr. Magnum wrote:
    The fam & I will be traveling to the Ogden-Hinckley airport on the 31st. We are going to see some of the Utah CAF's warbirds & a B-17G (Aluminum Overcast).

The planes will be on the tarmac by the main terminal. Does anyone know ifOC or CC are allowed while at an event like this?:?
    I do not know this airport specifically. However, if it is not military, the general aviation area of an airport is NOT part of the secure area. Private pilots are perfectly free to carry their guns to and on their own planes and routinely do.

At small airports like Page and St. George where I've flown both general (private) aviation with friends who own their own planes as well as commercial, the secure area on the tarmac is a fairly small area right where the commericial planes load and unload passengers. Everywhere else is open to geneal aviation and is not part of the secure area.

If you do not have have to pass through a metal detector to get to the display, it is NOT a part of the secure area of the airport. If there are metal detectors, do NOT walk through with a gun. Even if you must stop short and walk away to secure a gun in the car.

IANAL, YMMV, etc, etc.

Charles

All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.