Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 7PM

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Local Loudoun reporter is coming to see what an "OPEN CARRY" dinner is like.
    Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 7PM (time changed from 6PM)
    Please RSVP at: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/P...XVRWMRKP/pizza

See you there!

Ed

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Sorry Ed. I want to go, but Monday night is softball night at work.
    I'd go next time.

Post imported post

What's up? You bet I will be there! The food is very good!

Post imported post

Oh no! You pick the one day I'll be in Richmond! That's not fair.

The reporter will probably be disappointed anyway. They usually are.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Can't make it.

I don't trust reporters.

1. Are you sure this one is at least honest and neutral?

2. Are you sure the location wouldn't mind several OCing customers? It wouldn't be helpful to see a little headline in the paper: Gun-toting Men Asked to Leave Local Restaurant. Complete with a write-up of the details. Understand that an honest, neutral reporter would most assuredly cover this, just with less bias than an anti-gun reporter.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

well.....First of all.!!!!!

I am free to exercise my right as a civilian !!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's have a decent honest meal for once...!!!!!!!!!!

without the tension and hassle...!!!!!!!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

marine2000 wrote:
    SNIPso let's have a decent honest meal for once...!!!!!!!!!!
    Typical jar-head. Focused on the chow. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

......!!!!

Hey go easy on me now....Citizen...!!!!!!!!!

Just chow..!!!!

Post imported post

Marine2000 - Just be cautious, that's all. Reporters are not always your friend, and their editors may not always allow everything they write. Case in point is some of the things that came out about the Champps dinner - wasn't exactly as accurate as you might think. I don't remember ANYONE standing up, I do remember people raising their hands........I've had my own share of run in's with reporters so just keep it in the back of your mind. It could very well come out the way Citizen is saying.

Post imported post

Well.....

I am standing down..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel like a lawsuit on me at moment....!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Point..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Marine2000 - Just be cautious, that's all. Reporters are not always your friend, and their editors may not always allow everything they write. Case in point is some of the things that came out about the Champps dinner - wasn't exactly as accurate as you might think. I don't remember ANYONE standing up, I do remember people raising their hands........I've had my own share of run in's with reporters so just keep it in the back of your mind. It could very well come out the way Citizen is saying.
    That's true, they are not. I know this one and she is honest and fair (you are right about editors too). In Reston Bruce Jackson stood up and made an announcement about the VCDL. When he asked us to raise our hands if we were armed.. my table did. The folks two tables down stood up.. It is all in perspective. Even with video.. you never know what happened before or after the video was shot.

I have carried in this restaurant before.. Hopefully it will be uneventful and we will just have some nice NY pizza.

Ed

(also former USMC ;-)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Well for all it's worth..!!!!

It's a typical night out..!!!!

Let's see what happens...!!!!

Post imported post

it didn't take long for Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners to post this..

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news...2&zoneid=9

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    That's true, they are not. I know this one and she is honest and fair (you are right about editors too). In Reston Bruce Jackson stood up and made an announcement about the VCDL. When he asked us to raise our hands if we were armed.. my table did. The folks two tables down stood up.. It is all in perspective. Even with video.. you never know what happened before or after the video was shot.

I have carried in this restaurant before.. Hopefully it will be uneventful and we will just have some nice NY pizza.

Ed

(also former USMC ;-)

Guess I was just stuck with my head in the sand, of course, with two little kids there and NakedShoplifter and company next to me making me giggle to myself I was fairly busy. Hopefully it will be uneventful as most of these things should be. Maybe I'll get to the next one, that's the nice thing about summer time - time to hit the parks!

PS don't forget your voice recorders, lol.

Post imported post

Five.Seven wrote:
    Moderator PLEASE delete my repeats Bad Satellite Link
    and spank Five.Seven for posting this in the wrong topic.. as it should have been HERE: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/10700.html

:P
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

thanks for the SPANK... i got my information from the Michigan web site, they got it from the Associated Press, you won't "Spank" me again cause i will Never Post again.

Post imported post

Five.Seven wrote:
    thanks for the SPANK... i got my information from the Michigan web site, they got it from the Associated Press, you won't "Spank" me again cause i will Never Post again.
    now now.. Ok.. so don't take it as a SPANK.. take it as a welcoming "nudge". Don't stop posting.. Just have a look before you post to see if what you are posting is somewhere else first... thats all I am saying..

Welcome to the forum all the same
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Local Loudoun reporter is coming to see what an "OPEN CARRY" dinner is like.
    Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 6PM
    Please RSVP at: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/P...XVRWMRKP/pizza

See you there!

Ed
    would love to, but a little far for us on a monday night. maybe next time!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    One of the group at Tony's in Manassas had eaten in there while OCing. More than once.

We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police.

But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.

One person carrying is not 4-6 people carrying.

Rather than hope it is uneventful, why not pick a place where you are well known to the staff and can speak to them about your OC guests before the event. Or check with management. Or, have your damage-control plans well-laid in advance.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    One of the group at Tony's in Manassas had eaten in there while OCing. More than once.
    We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police. But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.
    Rather than hope it is uneventful, why not pick a place where you are well known to the staff and can speak to them about your OC guests before the event. Or check with management. Or, have your damage-control plans well-laid in advance.
    It sounds as though the plans, especially with the reporter, are made. It would seem prudent, though,to check with the owner ahead of time to let him know that he will be in the papers... and WHY. I would not expect L'burg to roust us, as they did in Manassas, but it would NOT look nice in the news article!

IF the plans are not so firm, then going to another, definitely gun-friendly place, would be prudent, for the sake of the reporter and her subsequent article (I can imagine what the average editor would do to the story, if we WERE rousted!). Same place as last time?

I normally OC in L'burg, but, as someone said, one guy carrying is not the same as 5-10 guys carrying.

Just to show you that I mean what I say, I do not plan to bring any machine guns or rocket launchers to dinner.

They DO have anchovies, don't they?

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police. But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.
    It sounds as though the plans, especially with the reporter, are made. It would seem prudent, though,to check with the owner ahead of time to let him know that he will be in the papers... and WHY. I would not expect L'burg to roust us, as they did in Manassas, but it would NOT look nice in the news article!

IF the plans are not so firm, then going to another, definitely gun-friendly place, would be prudent, for the sake of the reporter and her subsequent article (I can imagine what the average editor would do to the story, if we WERE rousted!). Same place as last time?

I normally OC in L'burg, but, as someone said, one guy carrying is not the same as 5-10 guys carrying.

Just to show you that I mean what I say, I do not plan to bring any machine guns or rocket launchers to dinner.

They DO have anchovies, don't they?
    ugh.. if you eat anchovies you can sit at your own table and you will be back to "one guy with a gun"

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    ed wrote:

We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police.

But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.

One person carrying is not 4-6 people carrying.

The owner knows.. he says when people with guns are in his place it is probably the safest place in Town!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Just exactly how many people are coming ????????????????????

Post imported post

Click this link to respond to the invite or see a current count:

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/PIIZINBODRYOXVRWMRKP/pizza
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast