• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 7PM

Fox

imported post

Oh no! You pick the one day I'll be in Richmond! That's not fair.

The reporter will probably be disappointed anyway. They usually are.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can't make it.

I don't trust reporters.

1. Are you sure this one is at least honest and neutral?

2. Are you sure the location wouldn't mind several OCing customers? It wouldn't be helpful to see a little headline in the paper: Gun-toting Men Asked to Leave Local Restaurant. Complete with a write-up of the details. Understand that an honest, neutral reporter would most assuredly cover this, just with less bias than an anti-gun reporter.

marine2000

imported post

well.....First of all.!!!!!

I am free to exercise my right as a civilian !!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's have a decent honest meal for once...!!!!!!!!!!

without the tension and hassle...!!!!!!!!

bohdi

imported post

Marine2000 - Just be cautious, that's all. Reporters are not always your friend, and their editors may not always allow everything they write. Case in point is some of the things that came out about the Champps dinner - wasn't exactly as accurate as you might think. I don't remember ANYONE standing up, I do remember people raising their hands........I've had my own share of run in's with reporters so just keep it in the back of your mind. It could very well come out the way Citizen is saying.

marine2000

imported post

Well.....

I am standing down..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel like a lawsuit on me at moment....!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Point..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Marine2000 - Just be cautious, that's all. Reporters are not always your friend, and their editors may not always allow everything they write. Case in point is some of the things that came out about the Champps dinner - wasn't exactly as accurate as you might think. I don't remember ANYONE standing up, I do remember people raising their hands........I've had my own share of run in's with reporters so just keep it in the back of your mind. It could very well come out the way Citizen is saying.

That's true, they are not. I know this one and she is honest and fair (you are right about editors too). In Reston Bruce Jackson stood up and made an announcement about the VCDL. When he asked us to raise our hands if we were armed.. my table did. The folks two tables down stood up.. It is all in perspective. Even with video.. you never know what happened before or after the video was shot.

I have carried in this restaurant before.. Hopefully it will be uneventful and we will just have some nice NY pizza.

Ed

(also former USMC ;-)

bohdi

imported post

ed wrote:
bohdi wrote:

That's true, they are not. I know this one and she is honest and fair (you are right about editors too). In Reston Bruce Jackson stood up and made an announcement about the VCDL. When he asked us to raise our hands if we were armed.. my table did. The folks two tables down stood up.. It is all in perspective. Even with video.. you never know what happened before or after the video was shot.

I have carried in this restaurant before.. Hopefully it will be uneventful and we will just have some nice NY pizza.

Ed

(also former USMC ;-)

Guess I was just stuck with my head in the sand, of course, with two little kids there and NakedShoplifter and company next to me making me giggle to myself I was fairly busy. Hopefully it will be uneventful as most of these things should be. Maybe I'll get to the next one, that's the nice thing about summer time - time to hit the parks! :D

PS don't forget your voice recorders, lol.

Five.Seven

imported post

thanks for the SPANK... i got my information from the Michigan web site, they got it from the Associated Press, you won't "Spank" me again cause i will Never Post again.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Five.Seven wrote:
thanks for the SPANK... i got my information from the Michigan web site, they got it from the Associated Press, you won't "Spank" me again cause i will Never Post again.

now now.. Ok.. so don't take it as a SPANK.. take it as a welcoming "nudge". Don't stop posting.. Just have a look before you post to see if what you are posting is somewhere else first... thats all I am saying..

Welcome to the forum all the same

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ed wrote:

One of the group at Tony's in Manassas had eaten in there while OCing. More than once.

We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police.

But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.

One person carrying is not 4-6 people carrying.

Rather than hope it is uneventful, why not pick a place where you are well known to the staff and can speak to them about your OC guests before the event. Or check with management. Or, have your damage-control plans well-laid in advance.