• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 7PM

nemo

imported post

Citizen wrote:
One of the group at Tony's in Manassas had eaten in there while OCing. More than once.
We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police. But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.
Rather than hope it is uneventful, why not pick a place where you are well known to the staff and can speak to them about your OC guests before the event. Or check with management. Or, have your damage-control plans well-laid in advance.

It sounds as though the plans, especially with the reporter, are made. It would seem prudent, though,to check with the owner ahead of time to let him know that he will be in the papers... and WHY. I would not expect L'burg to roust us, as they did in Manassas, but it would NOT look nice in the news article!

IF the plans are not so firm, then going to another, definitely gun-friendly place, would be prudent, for the sake of the reporter and her subsequent article (I can imagine what the average editor would do to the story, if we WERE rousted!). Same place as last time?

I normally OC in L'burg, but, as someone said, one guy carrying is not the same as 5-10 guys carrying.

Just to show you that I mean what I say, I do not plan to bring any machine guns or rocket launchers to dinner. :lol:

They DO have anchovies, don't they?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

nemo wrote:
Citizen wrote:
One of the group at Tony's in Manassas had eaten in there while OCing. More than once.
We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police. But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.
Rather than hope it is uneventful, why not pick a place where you are well known to the staff and can speak to them about your OC guests before the event. Or check with management. Or, have your damage-control plans well-laid in advance.

It sounds as though the plans, especially with the reporter, are made. It would seem prudent, though,to check with the owner ahead of time to let him know that he will be in the papers... and WHY. I would not expect L'burg to roust us, as they did in Manassas, but it would NOT look nice in the news article!

IF the plans are not so firm, then going to another, definitely gun-friendly place, would be prudent, for the sake of the reporter and her subsequent article (I can imagine what the average editor would do to the story, if we WERE rousted!). Same place as last time?

I normally OC in L'burg, but, as someone said, one guy carrying is not the same as 5-10 guys carrying.

Just to show you that I mean what I say, I do not plan to bring any machine guns or rocket launchers to dinner. :lol:

They DO have anchovies, don't they?

ugh.. if you eat anchovies you can sit at your own table and you will be back to "one guy with a gun"

ed

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ed wrote:
I have carried in this restaurant before.. Hopefully it will be uneventful and we will just have some nice NY pizza.

We all know how that turned out once a customer complained to the police. It wasn't the management who called the police.

But once the police showed up and caused a scene, then management decided to eject the OC'ers.

One person carrying is not 4-6 people carrying.

The owner knows.. he says when people with guns are in his place it is probably the safest place in Town!

nova

imported post

Hey ed! Thanks for the invite! I'm not sure if I can commit at this point because I may be in PA then.

nemo

imported post

ed wrote:
Time has been changed to 7PM so that more folks could attend!
Ed,

Me, I am the early-to-bed, early-to-rise type. I still have a drive to Winchester, so six was late enough for me. Hope that it goes well.

Actually, I am mad because none of you wants to share anchovies. :cuss:

ed

imported post

A couple people are PMing me and e-mailing me (those that have my e-mail) and are asking me about coming.. Yes.. you can come! Yes the owner knows! Yes the reporter is fair (not pro gun or anti gun).

Finally.. so I don't have to keep track.. please just click this link for details and to advise if you are coming.

Dinner at Leesburg's Giovanni's NY Pizza - Monday 5/19 7PM

Please RSVP at: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/PIIZINBODRYOXVRWMRKP/pizza

ed

imported post

Hope to see you guys tomorrow night! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM me. If you have not RSVP'ed, please click the link in the first post and do so and I will know how many tables to push together!

Olivers_AR

imported post

ed wrote:
Hope to see you guys tomorrow night! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM me. If you have not RSVP'ed, please click the link in the first post and do so and I will know how many tables to push together!

Thanks for the invite(evite), got too much going on, interested in going next time.

--Olivers_AR

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Citizen wrote:
One person carrying is not 4-6 people carrying.

I see what you are saying, but again, as soon as you ask permission, you put a horribly heavy burden on the backs of the restaurant's employees and managment, i.e., authorizing your gun carry. The answer you get will not only likley be no, but to ask you to not carry there again, putting you on actual notice" of a gun ban.

I still think the best policy is "don't ask, don't tell," even for dinner parties, and don;t plan dinner parties at any location which you think might have a reaction, a vague unenforced corporate policy that might finally be enforced, etc.

ed

imported post

Well.. I made some new friends and had some good pizza. We all had a good time. The story will be out in the Loudoun Times Mirror on Wednesday. The reported went around the restaurant and asked at least 10 people what they thought.. 9 of them had comments like "wow.. what a safe place to be" and "cool.. we love guns". The only comment that was not said with joy.. even though I did not take it as a negative was one woman that said she did not know if it was best to open carry like that in a family restaurant.

Let's do it again soon!

Ed

- - -

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04554.jpg

longwatch

imported post

What I like to see and I've been in this game more than a day now, is new faces. A whole group OCers that I've never encountered at any of our various events, really is a good sign that our ranks our growing.

Glock27Bill

imported post

longwatch wrote:
What I like to see and I've been in this game more than a day now, is new faces. A whole group OCers that I've never encountered at any of our various events, really is a good sign that our ranks our growing.

I was able to make this one (was at Foster's in Vienna as well, and at Fuddrucker's when it was just Ed & me).

Since we were deep in Loudon County, we got a couple of guys from Winchester and Harper's Ferry.

It was worth the drive from Vienna, even with $7 worth of tolls.:cuss: