• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Parks

Mainsail

imported post

There’s something that really bugs me. There are often threads on THR and other gun forums that start with, “I was in Wal-Mart/Denny’s/Book Store/City Park/etc and noticed a “No Firearms” sign- so they have now lost my business [or] I won’t go back.” Why don’t they DO something about it instead of just accepting it? It’s been proven here that doing something can help!

Well, except for Ajet and Kitsap County… :p

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

CC27 wrote:
SNIP - I mentioned using tape to cover up the firearms portion in the meantime. he stated that he will get someone on that asap.
If it wasn't for possible criminal charges to change the signs. I'd like to come up with a "tape like substance" that reads "This Item Repealed by RCW 9.41.290" to place over the weapons portions on the signs we encounter.

Bobarino

imported post

Why don’t they DO something about it instead of just accepting it?

i tried! i went straight to the source. those who made the muni code and could change it. this was LONG before i found OCDO and early into my THR membership. i try to fight the fights i can. we don't all just walk away. :)

Bobby

Mainsail

imported post

Bobarino wrote:
Why don’t they DO something about it instead of just accepting it?

i tried! i went straight to the source. those who made the muni code and could change it. this was LONG before i found OCDO and early into my THR membership. i try to fight the fights i can. we don't all just walk away. :)

Bobby
You did, most others just turn tail and walk away.

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
CC27 wrote:
SNIP - I mentioned using tape to cover up the firearms portion in the meantime. he stated that he will get someone on that asap.
If it wasn't for possible criminal charges to change the signs. I'd like to come up with a "tape like substance" that reads "This Item Repealed by RCW 9.41.290" to place over the weapons portions on the signs we encounter.
They might be able to charge you with either littering or defacing public property. Better to let the government fix it's own mistake and not risk being charged with a crime/infraction.