Thread: Bear lake

Post imported post

Gonna be inID for about aweek and was wondering if there were any places or things I need to watch out for. I will bestaying at bear lake (don't know if its a state park or not) and going to eat in the various town in the area. Are there anyrestaurant laws, driving laws, or park lawsthat I should be aware of?

Administrative Rule 26.01.20600. has me a bit confused to what is actually covered.

Oh, and Ihave a UT CCW permit.

Post imported post

If you CC, your permit is recognized here in ID.

Only laws I'm aware of in regards to parks are National Parks. Don't think Bear Lake is one but you should check for sure.

If they have a "no firearms" sign posted, DON'T OPEN CARRY THERE.

State Researcher

Post imported post

The administrative rule for State Parks is no longer valid and CAN NOT be enforced due to recent legislation that took effect about 1.5 months ago.

Don't take the gun into a K-12 school, past metal detectors at airports, in post offices, or courthouses and you'll be ok. Bars and restaurants are ok. National Forests are fine to both carry and shoot in.

OC is legal everywhere it's legal to have a gun (virtually everywhere in Idaho), and if you CC anywhere (including your car) then your Utah permit covers you (Idaho respects ALL permits from the US)

If asked to leave (which is highly doubtful), property owners have the right to ask/tell you to leave, if you don't, then you can be charged with misdemeanor tresspassing... but I'm sure you'd comply if asked.