• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 5/22/2008

nova

imported post

I may or may not be there. I'm not sure if I'll be in VA then so I can't say for sure. :D

nemo

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Usual time and place, for the uninitiated
Is OC OK at the usual time and place? Yeah; I see that you are posting here, at OCDO, and not at the VCDL blog, but, as one of the unitiated,I likes to KNOW.

Undisclosed locale premeetup for the secret handshake club.
Does the secret handshake club allow for cigars? I will have time to kill. And, as I will be OC, I will have opportunity. :lol:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I may think about attending this meeting and all, but I am a total newbie so can anyone help me out with location and stuff I need to know. It's 33 minutes away from me per mapquest, but how does the whole thing work. Is everyone OCing or what? Thanks!

Rey

imported post

You may OC if you like. Afterwards, we usually go to Fuddruckers for dinner. They serve alcohol so you have to OC in there.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The secret handshake place is a no-smoking zone.

If the weather is nice, people often mill about during the 7:30-8:00 social time prior to the actual meeting, at the Governmental Center.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Here is your clue to the secret handshake club hangout.
The first mate of the Pequod.
The square root of 40513225. +
The Command/Service Module for the Apollo 11 mission. +
The other name of the Esox genius.

Be there at one bell of the Last dog watch.

:celebrate

Flintlock

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Here is your clue to the secret handshake club hangout.
The first mate of the Pequod.
The square root of 40513225. +
The Command/Service Module for the Apollo 11 mission. +
The other name of the Esox genius.

Be there at one bell of the Last dog watch.

:celebrate
I'm impressed. That was a good job on the code. ;)

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I may think about attending this meeting and all, but I am a total newbie so can anyone help me out with location and stuff I need to know. It's 33 minutes away from me per mapquest, but how does the whole thing work. Is everyone OCing or what? Thanks!

Same here. I've never been to a meeting before (granted I finally just joined the VCDL at the last Chantilly gun show) but I know of the secret handshake place already if memory serves me right :)EDIT: Yep...thank's to longwatch's clue (which was pretty clever btw...:cool:)

I don't know whether I'll be OCing or not though. May not this time just until I get the hang of everything...parking, times, etc. just so I have one less thing to think about.