• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 5/22/2008

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I may think about attending this meeting and all, but I am a total newbie so can anyone help me out with location and stuff I need to know. It's 33 minutes away from me per mapquest, but how does the whole thing work. Is everyone OCing or what? Thanks!
Same here. I've never been to a meeting before (granted I finally just joined the VCDL at the last Chantilly gun show) but I know of the secret handshake place already if memory serves me right :)

I don't know whether I'll be OCing or not though. May not this time just until I get the hang of everything...parking, times, etc. just so I have one less thing to think about.
Up to you. Most of us OC at these meetings, and I've seen as few as 20 and as many as 200 at the meetings. Up to a dozen or so at the meetup prior. So you wouldn't be out of place. Still, everyone's comfort level varies.

Looking forward to meeting you.

nemo

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Here is your clue to the secret handshake club hangout.
Whoah! I am glad that you gave the clues, as I thought that it was a different one.

Be there at one bell of the Last dog watch.
Yeah, but, they are no smoking. I will be the one with my nose at the window. :cry:

bohdi

imported post

To answer you I offer this slightly modified version of the Who song Welcome from Tommy

Come to my house
Be one of the comfortable people.
Come to this house
We're carrying guns all night
Never sleeping.

Milkman come in!
And you baker,
Little old lady welcome
And you shoe maker

Come to this house!
Into this house.

Come to this house
Be one of us.
Make this your house
Be one of us.

You can help
To collect some more in
Young and old people
Lets get them all in!

Come to this house!
Into this house.

Ask along that man who's wearing a carnation.
Bring every single person
from Victoria Station,
Go into that hospital
and bring nurses and patients,
Everybody go home and fetch their relations!

Come to this house
Be one of the comfortable people.
Lovely bright home
Carrying gunsall night never sleeping.

We need more room
Build an extension
A colourful palace
Spare no expense now

Come to this house
Be one of us
Come into this house
Be one of us

Come to this house
Into this house

Welcome

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
So we're all going to dinner at 7pm and then to the VCDL meeting afterwards? Is that my understanding?
We go to dinner after the meeting, but some get together before the meeting at the secret meeting place :what:for fellowship and coffee.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nemo wrote:
Hey, wait a minnit! What about parking? Nobody has said anything about that.

Do I need to bring $25 in coins or what?
Hard as it is to believe in NoVA, parking is free at the pre-meeting meetup, at the meeting (Mason Governmental Center) and at the post-meeting restaurant.

Unless you park illegally, in which case all bets are off. I'm figuring towing around here is mighty pricey.