• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introducing...

jfrey123

imported post

Me! I am jfrey123, a Sparks resident and active member of TFL and semi active @ Glocktalk.

I'm a younger fella who hates how most people my age ended up liberal and naive. I do my best to educate, and have converted a few fence sitters to the pro-gun side in my days. Lots of good information here, BTW. I appreciate lurking and reading the older posts.

I typically open carry in the desert, but sheepishly conceal the pistols when I get back to town. I'm working on getting over that, but for now I am comfortable with CCW (and it also keeps me from seeming like a 'gun nut' to my other fence sitting friends) lol.

Happy shooting all! (Maybe we can get an introduction thread as a sticky at the top, for all of us outgoing noobs to the forum)

jfrey123

imported post

Yeah, I saw that Bob. I'll be leaving for a TX vacation, so I can not attend. However, from my lurking over the past week, I can already tell we're losing a very intelegent and active member of the state board. I wish you well in the near and distant future. :dude:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for the compliment!Have a safe trip and sorry we won't meet - for now. My wife has a traveling therapist contract so we're exploring America. We absolutely love this area and would definitely move back here... of course on a horse ranch with a lof of acres backed up to a mountain.... Such a beautiful place with a lot to do.

You should try to hook up with Rains or Felid Maximus...two locals that are active locally and also "younger fellas".

EDIT: To quote Winston Churchill:

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain".

Congratulations on being ahead of your peers!

calmp9

imported post

Hello! I'm a California resident who visits Nevada quite often. I have family in the Sparks and Gardnerville areas. I am interested in reading about open carry because I am seriously considering it when I come. I have a Washoe County CCW application pending, but it occurred to me that there will be times when I just don't want to go IWB. Sometimes it's simpler to go OWB as is.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Hello! I'm a California resident who visits Nevada quite often. I have family in the Sparks and Gardnerville areas. I am interested in reading about open carry because I am seriously considering it when I come. I have a Washoe County CCW application pending, but it occurred to me that there will be times when I just don't want to go IWB. Sometimes it's simpler to go OWB as is.
Welcome to the forum calmp9. Nevada is a great place to open carry.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Well read some of my many experiences. Its easier than you think.

schizrade

imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Yeah like when it is 150 degrees? ;)

Welcome.