• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So when do you CC?

Skuggi

imported post

I was just thinking of it, when my GF brought up that "Your hiding your pistol?" Now that it's summer, do any of you untuck and conceal, though I guess I print rather easily, but when I have shorts on, I find that I leave my shirt untucked more. For me OC started as a form of comfort, and turned into it's my right so I'm going to do it. Just wondering if anyone finds themselves CCing even without realizing it.

FogRider

imported post

I have been concealing on occasion just because whatever I happen to be wearing (long jacket) makes it easier to conceal. It's not that I am making any effort to CC, but I am not always trying to OC either. This summer it's probably going to be mostly OC unless I have to conceal. And I have to quite often as I work in Denver.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have the opposite problem. I wear a lot of sweaters and sports coats in colder weather so it is more convenient and easy to CC. As I don't like untucked shirts, it is an effort for me to conceal with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt or golf shirt. If I could where I live, I would OC pretty much all summer.

Skuggi

imported post

I don't have that problem at all in winter, if you want to OC more then try the columbia jackets. The one I has is almost like a hoodie, without the hood and fully insulated.

Aran

Banned
imported post

When I go places that don't allow firearms (Mr Small's theatre, businesses who don't like guns such as WalMart (at least when I'm alone and at night) ,etc) and when I'm on campus.

Other than that, I let it all hang out.

EyesNeverLie

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
When I OC I usually CC too.. if I am gonna carry I will have a backup.

Hey Guys, I'm new to world of firearm carry (CC or OC). What does the law say pertaining to the number of weapons you can carry? I guess I always assumed that you could only carry one.

I love the Forum by the way, I have spent the last three nights reading up on both OC and CC and your posts have been immensely helpful.

shefearsnothing

imported post

I don't think I'd tell anyone when I CC. I mean, if I were CCing I wouldn't want anyone to know I was carrying... :p

jahwarrior

imported post

yeah, i CC sometimes, too, when i want that tactical advantage, the element of surprise, because the best defense is a good offense, and 'cause i dont wants to be a target.....

jahwarrior

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
jahwarrior72 wrote:
yeah, i CC sometimes, too, when i want that tactical advantage, the element of surprise, because the best defense is a good offense, and 'cause i dont wants to be a target.....

You mean when you don't want to "show off" :lol: ;)
i only OC for the ladies, my friend.....:celebrate

sedstar

imported post

Some states have a CERTAIN handgun that is listed on the carry permit, and thats the only gun you can carry. (new york state?) PA does not have that restriction. One guy called PA a "
backup state", as in, your allowed to carry a backup piece, lol.

I only know this from a reloading site I am a member of. Most of the guys have LTCF in various states, and they share their experiences/limitations with the rest of us.

Farmer Troy

imported post

When do I conceal carry?

When I don't feel like dealing with people staring at me, or anyplace I feel that I might cause a scene . . . especially if I am in a hurry.

Also . . . I cc more in the winter . . . it's just a better fit when you have more clothes and a bigger jacket on (to me anyways).