• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen fires on basketball players with AK-47

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Sad that an argument can end up with gunfire so often now. back in the day you got into a fist fight.

You know that is so true.

I have been very sick most of this year and I hope I am now on the mend.

Not long ago I was looking at a CT scan of my head with my Dr. and he was commenting on the septum in my nose. How badly it had obviously once been deviated before the repair that had done a fair job of straitening it out again.

My poor nose was the victim of a few of those fist fights you refer to.

Standing up for what is right and getting a broken nose for it, can add a little character to your face. (That's my claim and I'm sticking by it.)

Sneaking of and getting a gun to settle a fight, shows an utter lack of character.

Tarzan

Some rough Lions there Tarzan:lol:...:celebrate

TJ

MetalChris

imported post

VTNGNR wrote:
"I'd be willing to bet the death toll at VT would've been reduced by about 90% had someone had the balls to rush the scrawny little pathetic bastard."

There are plenty of people who rushed the attacker. There's no need to write them all off as cowards, many of them fought to the very end. Have a little respect, please.
That's funny..all of the reports that I read stated that the pathetic cowards wheretrembling under their desks, waiting for the cops.

MetalChris

imported post

I stand corrected. However, had more students intervened, and actually gone after Cho, it would've turned out better.

VTNGNR

imported post

I can agree with that. I also believe that if students were allowed to carry weapons, the situation could also have turned out much better.

PT111

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
VTNGNR wrote:
"I'd be willing to bet the death toll at VT would've been reduced by about 90% had someone had the balls to rush the scrawny little pathetic bastard."

There are plenty of people who rushed the attacker. There's no need to write them all off as cowards, many of them fought to the very end. Have a little respect, please.
That's funny..all of the reports that I read stated that the pathetic cowards wheretrembling under their desks, waiting for the cops.

When I hear comments like that I wonder if the Brady Bunch isn't correct and to ban all guns 2A or not.
Liviu Librescu, a 75-year-old Holocaust survivor and professor of mechanical engineering blocked the door with his own body to give his students time to escape the carnage by jumping out of the windows.
To call Mr. Librescu a pathetic coward is an insult to everyone.

MetalChris

imported post

PT111 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
VTNGNR wrote:

When I hear comments like that I wonder if the Brady Bunch isn't correct and to ban all guns 2A or not.
Liviu Librescu, a 75-year-old Holocaust survivor and professor of mechanical engineering blocked the door with his own body to give his students time to escape the carnage by jumping out of the windows.

Wow. Clearly I'm not referring to Mr. Librescu as a "pathetic coward." The "pathetic coward" label is obviously applied to those students who hid like little helpless sheep and did nothing to help themselves.

And how does my comment make you wish all guns were banned? I'm totally confused...

imperialism2024

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Wow. Clearly I'm not referring to Mr. Librescu as a "pathetic coward." The "pathetic coward" label is obviously applied to those students who hid like little helpless sheep and did nothing to help themselves.
I read your comment that way. Some people read only what they want to read.

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Wow.  Clearly I'm not referring to Mr. Librescu as a "pathetic coward."  The "pathetic coward" label is obviously applied to those students who hid like little helpless sheep and did nothing to help themselves.

That is so true.

Tarzan

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:

That is so true.
Hmm, that's gonna come back to haunt me, isn't it? :uhoh:

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Wow.  Clearly I'm not referring to Mr. Librescu as a "pathetic coward."  The "pathetic coward" label is obviously applied to those students who hid like little helpless sheep and did nothing to help themselves.

That is so true.
Hmm, that's gonna come back to haunt me, isn't it? :uhoh:

You and me both :lol:

Tarzan

PT111

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
PT111 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
VTNGNR wrote:

And how does my comment make you wish all guns were banned? I'm totally confused...

I see no other way to take your comment thansaying Mr. Librescu is a pathetic coward. VTNGNR tried to defend some of those who died in the VT incident and you then repeated yourself as calling them all pathetic cowards. You are now trying to weasle you way out of your insults to man who not only gave his life in the defense of others during VT but also survived the Holocaust. If you had not restated your opinion that all were pathetic cowards to the comment that all were not then I would believe you but.

Yes if we are going to insult people who give their lives in fighting for others calling them cowards, going off on half-cock notitions then we do not deserve the rights either endowed but our creator or our constitution and dewserve to have the stripped from us. If we do not deserver 2A then there is no need for guns and should have them banned from earth. I know this is impossible but it is not impossible to not hate or make fun ot people that do not care to walk around with a gun on their hip ready to kill any one they thing is doing something illegal.

MetalChris

imported post

PT111 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
PT111 wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
VTNGNR wrote:

I see no other way to take your comment thansaying Mr. Librescu is a pathetic coward. VTNGNR tried to defend some of those who died in the VT incident and you then repeated yourself as calling them all pathetic cowards. You are now trying to weasle you way out of your insults to man who not only gave his life in the defense of others during VT but also survived the Holocaust. If you had not restated your opinion that all were pathetic cowards to the comment that all were not then I would believe you but.

Yes if we are going to insult people who give their lives in fighting for others calling them cowards, going off on half-cock notitions then we do not deserve the rights either endowed but our creator or our constitution and dewserve to have the stripped from us. If we do not deserver 2A then there is no need for guns and should have them banned from earth. I know this is impossible but it is not impossible to not hate or make fun ot people that do not care to walk around with a gun on their hip ready to kill any one they thing is doing something illegal.

RIF...I retracted my statement after he posted a link to an article about the heroes.

I wrote:
I stand corrected. However, had more students intervened, and actually gone after Cho, it would've turned out better.

imperialism2024

imported post

C'mon USAF_MetalChris, don't you know that a few counterexamples completely nullify a generalization? I mean, it's almost as stupid as carrying a gun. Sure, in general the world is a safe place, so why should you insult everyone by carrying a gun and implying that it isn't safe?

:?

Hmpf, confused me too.