• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen fires on basketball players with AK-47

Flintlock

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,355669,00.html

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

service_ap_36.gif

BROOKLYN, Conn.—

State police say a 16-year-old boy has been charged with attempted murder after he fired an assault rifle at people playing basketball behind a Brooklyn church.

State police say the teen shooter had an AK-47 rifle, but was subdued by the basketball players who rushed the gunman and wrestled him to the ground Tuesday night.

Police say the shooting occurred shortly after the teen argued with the young people playing on the basketball court behind Our Lady of Lasalette Church.

Troopers say the boy allegedly bragged about having an AK-47 rifle and returned 10 minutes later dressed in black and opened fire.

The teen is being held on $250,000 bond on several charges.

MetalChris

imported post

It's refreshing to see that not everyone just cowers in the fetal position...I'd be willing to bet the death toll at VT would've been reduced by about 90% had someone had the balls to rush the scrawny little pathetic bastard.

I'm glad no one was hurt...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
You know, I REALLY hate basketball too, but that's a little over the top.
LMAO +10

Also glad no one was hurt and that they stood up to the gunboy. Be interesting to find out where and how he acquired the rifle.

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I wonder if it was a true AK-47, or a semi-auto clone.

Regardless, the kid must have been a good shot if he didn't hit anyone he was targeting. ;)

I'll bet you are right about the clone.

To the press any military looking rifle is an AK 47.

Aren't you glad he was a bad shot. Probably not much of a basketball player either.

Tarzan

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
I wonder if it was a true AK-47, or a semi-auto clone.

Regardless, the kid must have been a good shot if he didn't hit anyone he was targeting. ;)

I'll bet you are right about the clone.

To the press any military looking rifle is an AK 47.

Aren't you glad he was a bad shot. Probably not much of a basketball player either.

Tarzan
I'm wondering if all this increased press coverage of crimes involving "assault weapons" or guns similar to "assault weapons" (see the recent shooting in Philadelphia with an SKS) is the media's way of gearing up for another AWB.

Oh, and the comment about how he must have been a good shot was a rip on AK's for their alleged inaccuracy... ya know, like how you're lucky if you can hit a barn if you're shooting from inside of it :lol:

(Just don't tell the family of AK's hiding in my closet)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
SNIP To the press any military looking rifle is an AK 47.

Which explains a lot, because,

To the press, any mess of hysterical verbiage is a valid news report.

tarzan1888

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
(Just don't tell the family of AK's hiding in my closet)
I thought you sold them all.  ;)

Guns? What guns?

I sold them all in private transactions.

Paper work?

None was required by law.

Tarzan

Pointman

imported post

No amount of laws can stop someone from attempting to murder another, regardless of the tool(s) used.

VTNGNR

imported post

"I'd be willing to bet the death toll at VT would've been reduced by about 90% had someone had the balls to rush the scrawny little pathetic bastard."

There are plenty of people who rushed the attacker. There's no need to write them all off as cowards, many of them fought to the very end. Have a little respect, please.

LEO 229

imported post

Sad that an argument can end up with gunfire so often now. back in the day you got into a fist fight.

tarzan1888

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Sad that an argument can end up with gunfire so often now. back in the day you got into a fist fight.

You know that is so true.

I have been very sick most of this year and I hope I am now on the mend.

Not long ago I was looking at a CT scan of my head with my Dr. and he was commenting on the septum in my nose. How badly it had obviously once been deviated before the repair that had done a fair job of straitening it out again.

My poor nose was the victim of a few of those fist fights you refer to.

Standing up for what is right and getting a broken nose for it, can add a little character to your face. (That's my claim and I'm sticking by it.)

Sneaking of and getting a gun to settle a fight, shows an utter lack of character.

Tarzan