• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Centralia city code banning carry in parks

spike89

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:

This is from the minutes of the April 16 Work/Study Session:

[align=left]4. FIREARMS IN COUNTY PARKS (CHIP FAVER/JACQUELYN AUFDERHEIDE) [/align]
[align=left]•
[font="Times New Roman,Times New Roman"]The Commissioners agree to hold a public meeting to discuss the repeal of the County ordinance prohibiting firearms in County Parks. [/font]10:25 – 10:30 [/align]
[align=left]
 [/align]

[/quote]
Thats the problem with Kitsap Co, they seem to want to do EVERYTHING via public committees, task forces, meetings, etc. Jesus commissioners, just make a frigging decision for once. What the heck does public input matter on bringing code up to date with state law? The only possible reason to have a public meeting on this is so that the commish's who are anti's can stand up and say how they don't like it, but "their hands are tied" and they have to go along with state law, please re-elect me because I'm on your side" blah blah blah. I want to put a new sticker up next to the "no weapons" sign on the admin building door:

Bullshit-Negation_in-color_.jpg

t3rmin

imported post

Just sent it to Chehalis.

Working on the Lewis County one now.

just_a_car

imported post

Spike, the pic didn't come through for me, so I grabbed the url from the source code in case others can't see it and am reposting it for them and myself:

Edit: Weird, now that I posted it, it shows up in your post. So, I'm removing the image so that we don't double-hit the bandwidth for that photobucket account.

By the way, love the "No BS" image. :lol:

t3rmin

imported post

My poor thread! So hijacked! :p

Just got a favorable response from Chehalis' mayor. Timely, too. Said the city manager is looking at it.