Thread: Chesapeake Jubilee

Post imported post

This is a fun event with everything from the spin and puke ride to 4H displays to cool music to a great fireworks show. Who else will be OCing there?

Link: http://www.chesapeakejubilee.org/

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Do they have seperate areas for beer (beer tents) or is the whole place open to drinking? I tend to switch between OC & CC with the flip of a t-shirt depending on any given situation. If the whole place is considered to be ABC-On, I wouldn't want to get in any trouble.

Post imported post

Just go with open and you're cool no matter the ABC situation...

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    This is a fun event with everything from the spin and puke ride to 4H displays to cool music to a great fireworks show. Who else will be OCing there?

Link: http://www.chesapeakejubilee.org/

Will Chet be attending? Does he need/want an entourage (yes, I'm volunteering )

I've got gunshow duty Saturday, but will try to make it on Sunday. Anybody from Richmond eastwards need a ride?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'd be up for it, but I'm going to be 95 miles upriver at Henricus Park (http://www.henricus.org). I'll be OCing a .54 cal flintlock pistol for most of the weekend.

Post imported post

There were many police and sheriff's deputies at the Jubilee. Many saw my Sig 229 on my hip, but none said anything about it. My only interaction with police was when a mounted police officer said "be careful where you step!" I managed to miss the horse manure. Lots of fun to be had, but areas were getting muddy from all the recent rain and foot traffic. If you plan on going on Saturday or Sunday, I would recommend boots or galoshes.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776