Thread: carrying in fl with ga permit

Post imported post

what is off limits is only cc allowed? im planing on making a trip to pick up a M&P40 from a private individual. i know we have reciprocity any good links etc

Post imported post

Only CC unless you're on you're private property or place of residence (hotel rooms are fine, hallways and common areas are not). as far as off limits, the bar sections of restaurants are off limits, bars are off limits, jails and police stations are out. for a complete list, see subsection (12) of Florida 790.06 here: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...n%2006#0790.06

hope it helps!

Post imported post

CC Only. No carry in police station, jails, courthouses, government meetings, schools, bars, airport buildings.

Oh and BTW, transfer of a firearm across state lines between private parties = violation of Federal law.

Post imported post

might want to reconsider the purchase then.

it was saving about 100$ and then i had to fill up with gas so it was really only about $60 and then the warranty isnt transferable that i know of might just be better off to buy brand new??

Post imported post

I'd say go to a local FFL and see how to go about transferring it through them. I've never done that before so i can't offer any kind of experienced advice.

Post imported post

I have a GFL and Florida CCW. Be aware that FL is CC only. You are not considered CC if the gun prints an outline on your exterior clothing even though the gun is completely concealed. Beware of light nylon windbreakers and thin shirts - do not rely on them in FL. Also, if wearing a waist length wind breaker and the bottom of your weapon becomes visible even in the course of normal bending or stretching, that is also no longer considered CC - don't laugh, folks have been arrested for this in FL. You will need a suit jacket or something equally substantial.