• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk interviewed by WYOU TV News (PA) re Dickson City Police misconduct

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://pahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=25398

Gun Rights in Dickson City

Reported by: Eric Scheiner[/i]

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 @07:28pm EST[/i]

WILKES-BARRE[/b]-- Dickson City Police responded to a 9-1-1 call of armed people in a restaurant last Friday. Once they arrived they asked the people who were carrying the firearms to provide identification and seized the guns to check the serial numbers. Those elements of the incident are certainly agreed upon facts. There are other allegations the patrons chose not to provide ID to officials, and that some of the members became confrontational with officers.Dickson City Police Chief William Stadnitski says his officers needed to respond to the call of armed people in the restaurant. He adds, that for his officers to ask for identification of those holding firearms was called for. The chief feels it was for the best interest of public safety. Organizations such as opencarry.org say these law abiding citizens were pulled from their dinner, asked for their "papers" and that personal property was confiscated. WYOU Interactive [/b]discusses the incident at the Old Country Buffet in Dickson City and the legal rights of gun owners with Legal Analyst Matt Cartwright, Mike Stollenwerk of opencarry.com and Dickson City Police Chief William Stadnitski.
pow-by-wyou2008-05-13-1210723888.gif