• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm changing sides...

Ohioans, are you glad I'm leaving?

• Great, one more OCer gone! Concealed Carry will rule Ohio.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry to see you go.

• Hey, I'm from Virginia and glad to have another OCer.

• What a dumb poll, kick dng off the site and out of Ohio.

• Total voters

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'm deserting Ohio, folks. The wife and I are both headed to Virginia. I will be sure to keep an eye on what's happening in the Buckeye State, but I'm not going to lie; I am looking forward to more gun freedom and some decent weather :monkey. I know that there are a whole lot of good people in Virginia, and I'm looking forward to getting to meet some of them. Hopefully when I go back to Ohio to visit next time, I'll be able to OC in my car, and those dumb gun free zone signs will be gone?...:idea:

Legba

imported post

Defecting to Dixie? You're no Ohioan...

But seriously, enjoy the weather and the marginal improvement on your gun rights.

-ljp

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oh thank God you are just moving. When I read the title of the thread, being positive you weren't going to be giving up your 2A rights, I was thinking, "OMG he's coming out of the closet on the forum." :p

Good luck on your move!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Legba wrote:

But seriously, enjoy the weather and the marginal improvement on your gun rights.

-ljp
" Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten,
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land."

Only request I might have is to "think" like a Southerner and adopt our ways. You'll love it. I know because one heck of a lot of Northerners come down here to vacation so we must be doing something right.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to Virginia. Next VCDL meetings are 5/22 in Annandale. and 5/29 in Richmond. Hope you can make one of them. Check out the Tidewater OC dinner dates - not sure if they have already met & et for this month.

You are aware that the new guy buys ammo, right? And none of the Extreme Shoick stuff the FNG you are bumping up to Former FNG tried to stick us with, OK? ;)

If you have never carried while visiting your state Senator and/or Delegate, you are in for a thrill! Join VCDL for Lobby Day next January 19th - put it on your calendar today. We might be getting "permission" to CC in restaurants next year - passed the General Assembly this year but the Governor said "guns & booze don't mix" for common folks but is OK for Commonwealth's Attornies & their Assistants. (go figure :banghead::cuss::banghead:)

stay safe.

skidmark

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Legba wrote:

-ljp

Only request I might have is to "think" like a Southerner and adopt our ways. You'll love it. I know because one heck of a lot of Northerners come down here to vacation so we must be doing something right.
I wonder how many here on OCDO are offended when 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic' is played, especially for political purposes, without 'Dixie' being immediately played. The Battle Hymn was written to denigrate (that's 'dis' as in disrespect) the Republic and the South. Long live the Republic!

American by birth. Southeron by the Grace of God and my choice.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

DJ_Amish

imported post

Same with me.. i will be relocating to either PA or WV begiining of june as soon as i finish nursing school. I hear there are good jobs for nurses in Pittsburgh.. so looking there.. but i will always be an Ohio State and Browns fan.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote
I actually am a native Southerner. It will take awhile to get rid of my Yankee accent, but it will happen eventually.

Legba

imported post

Yankees don't have accents... "Y'all" do. ;-/

The irony being that this part of southwest Ohio is technically south of Mason-Dixon (if you extend it west).

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Oh thank God you are just moving. When I read the title of the thread, being positive you weren't going to be giving up your 2A rights, I was thinking, "OMG he's coming out of the closet on the forum." :p

Good luck on your move!

I was actually talking about being on the southern side of the Mason-Dixon line, but that's really funny. No, I'm not giving up my guns: I'm not dead and my hands aren't cold!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Legba wrote:

-ljp

I wonder how many here on OCDO are offended when 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic' is played, especially for political purposes, without 'Dixie' being immediately played. The Battle Hymn was written to denigrate (that's 'dis' as in disrespect) the Republic and the South. Long live the Republic!

American by birth. Southeron by the Grace of God and my choice.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
I understand your sympathies and your thrust. I am indeed a Southern man and happy for the fact. I also am an American and heppy for that fact as well. While I bleed grey just like most Southerners, I also respect and acknowledge those who call another region of the nation their home. My fervent hope is for those who decide to migrate here and make it their home, adopt our culture and our ways as their own. Otherwise, the beauty and richness that is the South will be lost in the mix and that would be truly a sad thing.