• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Safeco Field

Tristus

imported post

Wife wants to go to a game. Looks like we might be on foot on both sides of the ferry and would prefer not to be unarmed. I doubt they have lock boxes to secure the sidearm during the game.

Anyone been to a game lately and know how rigorous the screening process is to enforce their "rules"?

We talking keep it covered? SmartCarry? Metal Detectors?

Izzle

imported post

i believe as long as you have a CPL you should be allowed to carry it into the stadium under 9.41.300 and 9.41.070:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances: (a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and (b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to: (i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
i havent been to a game there in about a year but last time i went they just checked any bags, no pat down what so ever.

thewise1

imported post

I've never been to safeco field, but I have to grit my teeth and allow them to pat me down every time I go to a football game at qwest field. It seems the opposite of everything American that I would be searched while going to watch a football game.

joeroket

imported post

Izzle wrote:
i believe as long as you have a CPL you should be allowed to carry it into the stadium under 9.41.300 and 9.41.070:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances: (a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and (b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to: (i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
This is incorrect because Safeco is not operated by the city of Seattle.

Izzle

imported post

no it is operated by "Washington-King County Stadium Authority" which i would assume is county level

joeroket

imported post

I have yet to see where anything says that they operate it. The Washington-King County Stadium Authority owns the stadium but to my knowledge it is operated by a contracted stadium operator.

The RCW requires that the operator of the stadium be the municipality. In the case of Safeco, Qwest Field, and a handful of others they are owned by the municipality but operated by an independant corporation.

compmanio365

imported post

This is how they get around banning firearms at the stadium.....we built and paid for it with our tax money, yet it's run by a private corporation who can then deny us our rights, search us as if we were criminals every time we enter our tax funded stadium, and generally screw us coming and going......screw the Mariners, screw Seattle, and screw the state of Washington-fornia for orchestrating the huge screw-job that is Safeco Field and the Mariners.....I would imagine Qwest Field (spit) is the same way......I will never, ever go to a Mariners or Seahawks game again. :cuss:

Izzle

imported post

joeroket wrote:
I have yet to see where anything says that they operate it. The Washington-King County Stadium Authority owns the stadium but to my knowledge it is operated by a contracted stadium operator.

The RCW requires that the operator of the stadium be the municipality. In the case of Safeco, Qwest Field, and a handful of others they are owned by the municipality but operated by an independant corporation.
you are right my mistake

joeroket

imported post

Izzle wrote:
joeroket wrote:

you are right my mistake
I have always wondered if it was the legislatures who worded it that way to let the cities off the hook or if the cities attornies found a loophole in the wording. I think it is kinda like the chicken or the egg and we will never know but it is irritating as hell that they worded it the way they did.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

joeroket wrote:
Izzle wrote:
joeroket wrote:

you are right my mistake
I have always wondered if it was the legislatures who worded it that way to let the cities off the hook or if the cities attornies found a loophole in the wording. I think it is kinda like the chicken or the egg and we will never know but it is irritating as hell that they worded it the way they did.

I would like to see the argument that if a municipality owns it, then by default they operate it. That operation may take the form of hiring a contractor to manage it, but if they are hiring someone to do the day to day business, are they not still calling the shots?

joeroket

imported post

911Boss wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Izzle wrote:
joeroket wrote:

you are right my mistake

I would like to see the argument that if a municipality owns it, then by default they operate it. That operation may take the form of hiring a contractor to manage it, but if they are hiring someone to do the day to day business, are they not still calling the shots?
Typically no they do not call the shots. The management company is under a lease type contract that usually gives them all the power to do as they see fit.

TJ

imported post

911Boss wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Izzle wrote:
joeroket wrote:

you are right my mistake

If you finance a car through the bank, they own it. Do they operate it, or do you? On the same note, if it needs repairs, does the bank have a say in where it goes or what it gets done, or do you as the operator?

Thats just how I see it, but I could be wrong.

~T.J.

fatalhubris

imported post

Tristus,

According to my boss who went to a game recently. they do a half assed pat down as you enter, at least in his case. Nothing more through than that. they completely missed his Springfield xd.

The funny thing was he forgot he was carrying. or that is to say heis so used to it that it didn’t register until he sat down and did the mental ohcrap thing.

After he finished watching the game, he looked up there head of security. He politely suggested they might want to retrain there personnel on proper pat down procedures.

Nope, no lock boxes sorry.However this makes me recall an idea I once had. setting up a lockbox rental service. kind of like those guys who rent out lawn space for parkingat fairs or whatever...heh

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

fatalhubris wrote:
After he finished watching the game, he looked up there head of security. He politely suggested they might want to retrain there personnel on proper pat down procedures.
:banghead: Why?? :cuss:

fatalhubris

imported post

Lets see A: to point out a gross level of incompetence or B: he just felt like it.

How should I know

just_a_car

imported post

fatalhubris wrote:
Lets see A: to point out a gross level of incompetence or B: he just felt like it.

How should I know
I think the reason M1Gunr said that and the reason I +1'd it, was because, it's really our right to carry there due to it being a state-owned (tax-payer-funded) property, yet they want to skirt the law by using a proxy management. If that management is imcompetent enough to allow us to peacefully and legally carry as is our right to do, then why try to change it?

Nothing against you FH, it's just frustrating to think that the gent would want to have them trample on our rights more efficiently.

fatalhubris

imported post

Iagree with you guys I really do. however [/b]I just do not feel like trying second guessing someoneI respect.[/b]

I am sure he had his reasons. [/b]

[/b]

nope managements not incompetent. just theidiots they hire are. [/b][/b]You get what you pay for,Safeco isa bunch ofcheep basterds. Soin this caseI supose its.less than caring or competent minimum wage mouth breathing, window licking, 10$ an hour security phucktards. who couldn’t find there collective asses with both hands, a flashlight, and a map.[/b]

[/b]

uhh didI just go on a rant?[/b]

[/b]

[/b]

[/b]

[/b]