• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Progress from Spokane.

fetch

imported post

I just got word from the city attorney that SMC 02.04.030 "Authorized Emergency Orders" will be ammended to remove any wording about firearms. This includes the part about confiscation of firearms. It will be a week or so to see how it is re-written.
surfj, shy-panda I will continue to identify others code sections.

devldogs55

imported post

Good deal - I've been working on them quite a bit; calling and e-mailing. The city has a few laws that try to override the stae's preemption.

fetch

imported post

devldogs55, are you talking to people in Spokane, or Cd'A? If Spokane maybe we should get our notes together. Go ahead and PM me.

surfj9009

imported post

that's awesome fetch!!! Please post the revised text when you get it. Will thus be addressed at a council meeting?

fetch

imported post

surfj, I will not have to go before the city council. This is an adminstrative thing. Once the changes are made, by the legal department, they will be read to the council and at that point there might be debate but it should be approved as read. It will be public record. The city has yet to appoint a new city attorney so we are still working with a temp, so to speak.
I misspoke about it being a week or so it will take about a month. As soon as I have the revision I will post a link. Now it is on to the next code.
I will get ahold of Nancy and see what is up about the training bulletin.

fetch

imported post

6/12/08
I bumped this back to the top instead of making a new post.
I have received a draft of the Spokane Municipal Code change reguarding emergency orders. All wording about firearms has been removed. The city attourney states they must comply with the state.
devldogs55, I have not heard from you, who in the city you have talked to. please send me a PM.
surfj did you get the e-mail also? Let me know.

surfj9009

imported post

Fetch, i did get the email from the council last week. I will say this, if the SMC is re-worded as the draft they sent us was, THAT IS A HUGE VICTORY.:lol:

I hope it gets in front of the public forum at a city council meeting while I am in town, because I would love to go in and voice my support for the changes.