• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School Gun Free Zone/Park & Ride

Fudster

imported post

Adjacent to the City of Monroe's middle school is a Park & Ride and posted as such. Also at the entrance to the Park & Ride is a Gun Free Zone sign. I think, but am not totally sure, that the Park & Ride is school property and being used as a Park & Ride. I know the limitations on carrying while dropping off and picking up a student but would dropping off or picking up a carpooler be a violation? How about sitting in my car for awhile carrying and awaiting my other carpoolers? How about being dropped off by a carpool car and standing in the Park & Ride waiting for my ride to pick me up?

joeroket

imported post

If it truly is school property then you need to stay within a vehicle if you have your pistol unless it is secured. The requirement that you are in your car applies unless you are picking up or dropping off a student. If you are in the car and in lawful posession of it then the only requirement is that the pistol be secured, what that means is up for interpretation.